Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

I was at Pearson the other day picking up my fiancée from Terminal 1, and a UPX train was parked on the guideway almost directly overtop of the entrance ramp to Terminal 1 arrivals and departures. It was almost like an advertisement for UPX. I wanted to snap a pic, but I was driving, haha.

I was at Pearson the other day picking up my fiancée from Terminal 1, and a UPX train was parked on the guideway almost directly overtop of the entrance ramp to Terminal 1 arrivals and departures. It was almost like an advertisement for UPX. I wanted to snap a pic, but I was driving, haha.

Well thanks for resisting the urge! Last think we need is UT'ers getting into accidents because they're snapping pics while driving!

Well thanks for resisting the urge! Last think we need is UT'ers getting into accidents because they're snapping pics while driving!

Hahaha, thank you. I was hoping that it would still be visible when I parked at Arrivals, but unfortunately it was obscured.

I'm thinking of getting a dashcam for my car. Never know when a meteor will streak across the sky, or a UPS train is parked in front of you.

I saw that too, probably the same day.

I'm thinking of getting a dashcam for my car. Never know when a meteor will streak across the sky, or a UPS train is parked in front of you.

I've thought of getting a dashboard cam ever since someone tried to back up into my car in a fit of road rage, but I suppose capturing footage of meteors is also a valid reason.

I've thought of getting a dashboard cam ever since someone tried to back up into my car in a fit of road rage, but I suppose capturing footage of meteors is also a valid reason.

A Ford Meteor.

1955+Meteor-01.jpg

Yah! I would like to record that.

Attachments

• 1955+Meteor-01.jpg
    1955+Meteor-01.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 1,676
Has anyone gotten a chance to be close to one as it is running/departing? How is the noise level compared to the latest Go Train locos?

Airport Spur
Signal Mast and Block Signal bridges are in place for the airport cut off, but not in service. This includes the Weston Sub

Carlingview
Carlingview grade separation should be open in the next month or so as they were pouring the tops of the retaining walls when there. Only the concrete road for the underpass has to be pour as all other concrete road is in place. Could see what the corridor look like since no access to it at this time.

Etobicoke North
Etobicoke North Temporarily station is party open with part of the east platform edge removed pass the the accessibility platform torn out for some reasons. The old platform and tracks area is being dug up.

If you park in the current parking lot, you have to use the stairs to Kipling to go under the tracks and the north stairs to get to the platform that is built for 12 cars. You have to walk across track 1 that currently setup for CN rail for servicing the various places as in the past. The trains comes between 10-3. There is a 5th track going west with the block signal bridges built for 5 tracks, but only 4 track setup at this time.

The accessibility riders must park in Home Depot lot to use the ramp from it to the platform on the east side. There very few parking spots at Home Depot with no real bike shelter there. One cycles has posted a sign at the current location to park at Home Depot.

No work on the new track 1 tunnel and down the road.

Humber
Track work for 4 tracks taking place east of Islington with only 3 on the west side. All tracks are supposed to be in place on the Humber bridge.

Weston
Weston Rd looks odd after all these years to see a clear span under the bridge, road lower than before as well completed. Part of the sidewalk on both side wider than before. Retaining wall being built on the south side on the west side of the bridge that will be a sound wall to the few houses beside it.

Track 3 & 4 going into the Weston Grade Separation at this time with track 1 being added at a later date.

The retaining and station support wall was being strip so the steel framing can go up for the new station in the next week or so.

No other work has taken place for the new track 2 & 3 platform. Work taking place for rebuilding track 4 platform and will be completed in early 2015 subject to weather.

Dennision
The south walkway for Dennison Rd is not much higher than when I saw it a month ago. Support material being welded to the pile sheeting on the east side of the bridges to allow the sidewalk to be raised higher to the correct level.

Crews were installing bird mess around the bridge pier and bearing. Summer opening in 2015.

CP crews were reinstalling track 1.

Work is still on going for the 4 tracks between Dennison and south of Jane St that I could see.

Rogers Rd
New west retaining wall in place with the corridor graded. Track 1 cut off at Black Creek to CP Mactier Sub has been moved to the block crossovers north of Black Creek with signal light on the block bridge working as well working for tracks 1 & 2 in both direction.

Track crews welding 300' length of rail together taking place south of Rogers Rd and not the way TTC has done it. Its a slower operation from what I was seeing. Maybe Metrolinx should look to BSP in India on obtaining roll 135 meter rail and this would cut down on the number of joints to be welded in the field as well having them fail over time.

Track 1-3 will be lay first with the current track being shifted to track 1 location.

Old Weston Rd
No changes from what I last saw and to be open for December???.

Track equipment arriving on site for track 2 to align it. Current track was moved to track 1 location.

About 1:20 PM on the 2nd at Mimico.

P1430018.jpg

P1430022.jpg

P1430024.jpg

P1430027.jpg

P1430030.jpg

P1430031.jpg

P1430032.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg
[

Attachments

• IMG_5240.jpg
    IMG_5240.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 1,236
  • P1430018.jpg
    P1430018.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 1,226
  • P1430022.jpg
    P1430022.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 1,227
  • P1430024.jpg
    P1430024.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 1,229
  • P1430027.jpg
    P1430027.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 1,228
  • P1430030.jpg
    P1430030.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,242
  • P1430031.jpg
    P1430031.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 1,219
  • P1430032.jpg
    P1430032.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,216
So was the GO train pulling the UPX train or vice versa?

The UPX cars were delivered to GO at Willowbrook, and were being moved by 604 across the mainline to be checked and prepped for service at VIA's TMC. They didn't have driveshafts installed at this point, so there's no way for them to be pulling anything.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Here's what the terminal at Union Station looked like yesterday from a GO Train.

P1430038.jpg

P1430039.jpg

P1430040.jpg

P1430041.jpg

P1430042.jpg

Attachments

• P1430038.jpg
    P1430038.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • P1430039.jpg
    P1430039.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 1,127