Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

Changes to be made to the parking rates at YYZ Toronto Pearson Airport, that might send people over to use the UPX.

btn_parking_lg_express_en.gif
Terminal 1 Express Park -- Current pricing: $3 every 20 minutes. New pricing: $5 every 30 minutes effective August 11, 2013

btn_parking_lg_daily_en.gif
Terminal 1 & 3 Daily Park -- Current pricing: $140 per week. New pricing: $150 per week effective August 11, 2013

btn_parking_lg_cell_en.gif
Cell Phone Lot -- Current pricing: Free. New pricing: First 30 minutes, free. Each additional 20 minutes thereafter, $3. Daily maximum, $28. Effective November 1, 2013.

Looks like picking up someone at the airport, waiting for a cell phone call, means you have 30 minutes before you have to pay. I've used the cell phone lot waiting for people flying in to pick them up, now I'll have to watch the clock as well. Maybe there's a Tim Horton's nearby where I can wait.

Attachments

• btn_parking_lg_express_en.gif
    btn_parking_lg_express_en.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 733
  • btn_parking_lg_daily_en.gif
    btn_parking_lg_daily_en.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 682
  • btn_parking_lg_cell_en.gif
    btn_parking_lg_cell_en.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:
OT - but does anyone has any plans/maps of what alignment changes are necessary for HSR?

Are you including a corridor diversion to the airport? For the rest of the corridor the issue is that most of the rate of gradient changes used in the current project do not support HSR. The West Toronto Diamond grade separation will likely require lower speed limits. To accomodate HSR they would have needed to go under significantly more roads changing the way King, Queen, and others dive under the tracks to instead be almost level over the tracks with the rail bed below. If trains approach the West Toronto Diamond at a good clip it will become known as the West Toronto dive I think.

Changes to be made to the parking rates at YYZ Toronto Pearson Airport, that might send people over to use the UPX.
Last time they raised rates, it drove me to TTC.

Any changes to the Value garage and lot near Viscount station? It's currently $18/$15 a day and $90/$70 a week.

Looks like picking up someone at the airport, waiting for a cell phone call, means you have 30 minutes before you have to pay. I've used the cell phone lot waiting for people flying in to pick them up, now I'll have to watch the clock as well. Maybe there's a Tim Horton's nearby where I can wait.

Seems like a lot of people just sit on the side of the highway.

where will this newfound profit go towards anyways? seems like the daylight robbery from the gtaa just got more intense....!

This getting very much off topic from the UPE/GO corridor discussion.

The cellphone lot is supposed to help keep the terminal roadways clear of people waiting - a carrot to go along with the stick of all the rent-a-cops harassing anyone stopped for more than two minutes. I don't understand how a 30 minute free max could work, unless there's a ticket entry and exit system that provides 30 minutes of grace parking.

But rail funding comes from the government, and the government is run by politics. HSR is more palatable to the federal government because it will get them more votes even though it moves fewer people.

I doubt this. HSR in Canada has several things going against it. First, economic conservatives will be screaming about the cost. Next, every town that loses services because of HSR will be screaming. If HSR comes along, I can't see VIA sustaining service to Brockville, Trenton, Belleville, Cornwall, Smith Falls, etc. And their MPs will outnumber and outvocalize any urban MPs who will push HSR. For those small towns, the loss of service will be an election that may cost a party the riding. On the other hand, HSR is not likely to help a party win any urban ridings.

Not a winning proposition for any government. And that's exactly why HSR hasn't happened till now in Canada. And may actually never happen.

One exception. The only place I can actually see HSR happening is in the Edmonton-Calgary corridor. And that might actually happen some day entirely based on provincial leadership.

June 10
There is over 100 new photos up on site now from Dupont to the Weston Rd Bridge
9079508446_76e2c36c64_b.jpg

9077307467_47d7229e3a_b.jpg

9077348577_201455e3ff_b.jpg

9077340197_63aef55917_b.jpg

9077384313_b24eb44aa6_b.jpg

9079626440_18e4807fcf_b.jpg

9076726899_be3b185768_b.jpg

9076723977_5bd0a75b45_b.jpg

9078979462_1e04d3ac46_b.jpg

9076780447_76e1fda12a_b.jpg