Toronto U of T: Schwartz Reisman Innovation Centre (Phase 1) | 64.8m | 13s | U of T | Weiss/Manfredi

All buildings that use those seem to have that issue unfortunately and IMO.

Don’t those fold away?
Some do, but usually on smaller buildings that have terraces that store the davits when not in use, and are used at multiple location (there will be slots to insert along the roof). These particular ones looked fixed with the ability to rotate so they will always be there. Regardless, still a great building for the city. Just nit-picking on the strength of the form they were able to achieve here.

Still not quite finished the streetscape here....and the glazing could use a good wash; but we're in the home stretch with planting material now on site, this one should wrap in the next 2-3 weeks.

Photos taken Sept 29th, 2023:

DSC02617.jpg

DSC02618.jpg

DSC02620.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

DSC02622.jpg

DSC02623.jpg

Curtain wall at grade is a bit generic and underwhelming compared to such a stunner above
I think that's the point though. Having them act like the void cut out space to really make the rest of it sing. I think if they tried to do more, it might have gotten busy and taken away from the rest

I forgot to mention I saw signs up and some initial work possibly for phase 2.

I do lament the loss of the building name involving ‘Banting and Best’. Like the Skydome, I might still refer to these that way.

Back