Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

A real horror story is the convenience store in that plaza. It is arguably the filthiest store I've seen in Toronto. Even the soles of my shoes are offended. I agree the exterior is nice. It could be restored with changing its appearance. But that sign about converting to condos has been there for a couple of years.

A real horror story is the convenience store in that plaza. It is arguably the filthiest store I've seen in Toronto. Even the soles of my shoes are offended. I agree the exterior is nice. It could be restored with changing its appearance. But that sign about converting to condos has been there for a couple of years.

Aye, I wandered in there one night looking to buy a bottle of coke (I had a long day at work and needed something to mix a couple shots of rum with), and it was truly filthy mcnasty.

Image of the 50 St. Joseph Condo

[/attach][/attach] These 3 photos are the image of 50 St. Joseph Condo. They look beautiful.

Attachments

• 50 St. Joseph 1.jpg
    50 St. Joseph 1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 50 St. Joseph 2.jpg
    50 St. Joseph 2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 301
  • 50 St. Joseph 3.jpg
    50 St. Joseph 3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 302
I agree, especially the detailing with those random lines and the angle of the balconies / facade that makes the building feel as if its doing a slight twist. As always with renderings like this I am suspicious that those details will be lost when it actually gets to the construction stage...

I am assuming this project is still in the review process? Any idea when the developer would like to start digging?

Who wants to make a bet that the developer will eliminate those fins at the top by the end of construction? I'll put 50 Dollars on it.

"I hope it sells btw because Real Estate market is crashing"

I dont disagree that's what will likely happen, but do you see any evidence of it happening now here in Toronto?

^Yep. A house across the street from me was on the market for less than 5 days last summer. In December, the neighbours put their (freshly renovated) home up for sale. It's still not sold. Interesting, eh? March and April will confirm the trend: lower-mid "luxury" condos like this development will surely feel the pinch first?

Hardly a broad survey, "newly renovated" suggests they were over-pricing their product.

Sounds like a flip. Most people are weary of flips and I don't blame them.

I don't know about you, but I sure as hell wouldn't shop for a home this Winter. I'm sure sales are sluggish due to the conditions we are having.

@urban: Are you receiving, "We have overseas buyers interested in properties in your area!!!" flyers as well? I have been getting more and more flyers from agents, but I don't know if that's due to the market or the fact that everyone and their mother seems to be an agent these days.

^Yep. A house across the street from me was on the market for less than 5 days last summer. In December, the neighbours put their (freshly renovated) home up for sale. It's still not sold. Interesting, eh? March and April will confirm the trend: lower-mid "luxury" condos like this development will surely feel the pinch first?

That is evidence for a crashing real estate market?

Any updates on this project?

There was alot of buzz for this project early in the year but things have been quiet recently.

Back