News   Jun 26, 2024
 232     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 333     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 2K     2 

Toronto Transit Trivia

What is the only station on the Bloor-Danforth line that is actually south of Bloor/Danforth?

What's the name of the abandoned (not relocated) GO Transit station that existed on a line that service was not withdrawn from?

I know ShonTron and jamesbow know this one. Anyone else?

Lorne Park

When the TTC was building the Bloor-Danforth Line, they struggled to name Dundas West, reluctant to use the name Dundas West due to the existing Dundas Station already in service potentially causing confusion (especially with interlining still in play at this period in history). What was Dundas West almost named instead at the time?

Is there an echo in here?

Lorne Park is correct.

Can you name all the GO stations that have been relocated since GO service started?

When the TTC was building the Bloor-Danforth Line, they struggled to name Dundas West, reluctant to use the name Dundas West due to the existing Dundas Station already in service potentially causing confusion (especially with interlining still in play at this period in history). What was Dundas West almost named instead at the time?

Vincent.

Vincent Station

EDIT: Damn, beat me to it.

Can you name all the GO stations that have been relocated since GO service started?

Exhibition
Unionville
Milliken
Bronte
Burlington
Hamilton
Barrie*

*Barrie South on the current Barrie/Bradford line is different than the Barrie (Allandale) station served in the early 1990s. Service may resume there later.

The Hamilton GO Centre/Train Station is a relocated service location? I thought GO never serviced VIA's old Hamilton station.:confused:

Back