Toronto Tower at Pier 27 | 114.9m | 35s | Cityzen | a—A

Psst...what is the reference? My Google-foo came up blank. :(
The SCP Wiki is a collaborative fiction site that's been running for at least a decade, about tales of the SCP Foundation, a fictional organization dedicated to studying and containing paranormal/alien/extradimensional phenomena. It's a great read, if you like mashups of sci-fi, urban fantasy, horror and comedy (and who doesn't!) http://www.scpwiki.com/

The SCP Wiki is a collaborative fiction site that's been running for at least a decade, about tales of the SCP Foundation, a fictional organization dedicated to studying and containing paranormal/alien/extradimensional phenomena. It's a great read, if you like mashups of sci-fi, urban fantasy, horror and comedy (and who doesn't!) http://www.scpwiki.com/
Okays thanks! /bows

And more FYI on that:

while on a walk (Aug 2020)

IMG_1705.JPG

This relatively dead residential enclave on the downtown waterfront is quite an oddity. I always thought that the proposed park at the foot of Yonge Street would help to add some vitality and give people a reason to come to this part of the waterfront. But despite all the investment in the downtown waterfront, no funding has been provided yet for a park at the foot of Yonge Street to replace the parking lot, according to the Waterfront Toronto newsletter:

Question of the Month
We respond to dozens of emails and phone calls every month and chat with members of the public daily via social media. We've created this new section of the newsletter to share the answers to commonly asked questions. Let us know what you think!

QUESTION:
There was a park proposed for the Yonge Street Slip, when will construction begin?

RESPONSE:

The space that's currently serving as a parking lot on the east side of the Yonge Street Slip is still designated as future parkland. Currently there is no funding in place to complete the park. Once funding is secured, Waterfront Toronto and the City of Toronto can begin planning and design to be followed by construction.

Time to update the answer for this one.

@ADRM with his post noting the budget for Lower Garrison Creek Park sent me off on a tangent through the Parks Capital budget to update some UT threads.

I'm afraid the news isn't great.........though, at least it's now 'in the budget'.

Funding begins to flow in 2026; Total budget $12,000,000

p.11

$12M doesn't seem like a lot for a signature park in a location like that. Just cleaning up the slip and dock wall could eat up $12M.

$12M doesn't seem like a lot for a signature park in a location like that. Just cleaning up the slip and dock wall could eat up $12M.
I think WT already fixed the dock wall. AFIK, the reason nothing more has happened is that the area MAY be needed as an interim staging area while they build the QQE LRT and they have plans but no sponsor (yet) for an 'iconic' building there too.

I put this here because the site was discussed a while ago. I am referring to the 'plaza' on the North-West corner of QQ and Yonge.. The condo corp have been fixing it and today I noticed they are installing soil and landscaping and there are what look like a few tree pits under construction. It's on top of their garage so I guess there is not much can be done but good they are trying. It was VERY desolate before.

IMG_0881[1].JPG

I put this here because the site was discussed a while ago. I am referring to the 'plaza' on the North-West corner of QQ and Yonge.. The condo corp have been fixing it and today I noticed they are installing soil and landscaping and there are what look like a few tree pits under construction. It's on top of their garage so I guess there is not much can be done but good they are trying. It was VERY desolate before.

View attachment 412600
Excellent!

I used to live next door to "The Peanut" (in Toronto's World Trade Centre towers). 🥜

Back