Toronto Toronto City Hall and Nathan Phillips Square | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | Perkins&Will

I think I would have actually preferred McDonalds here, since the city decided it would go the fast food chain route. At least McDonalds offers seasonal offerings like ice cream, pies, and flavoured coffees and lattes. Hero Burger, while delicious, just doesn't have enough of a varied menu for this space.

I think Hero Burger was a bad choice. It's offerings are too limited for a general snack shop. If you don't like burgers & fries, what other options do you have? Not only that but I'd much prefer an independent restaurant over franchised food. I will not be eating here.

Hero Burgers is a Toronto company and they offer burgers, fries, poutine, ice-cream, floats, hot dogs, chicken, salads, salmon, shakes, and more. There is more than enough variety, and the meat is free-range, hormone free, and without antibiotics.

No, I do not work for them, but everyone is making too big of a deal out of this. Much better than a McDonalds, it is a local company with good food.

I wasn't a fan of Hero Burgers...at first. Now I'm addicted lol. I feel that I'm not eating junk food lol :p The beef really does taste like 'beef'.

I ate at the one at Hazelton Lanes. The burger was really tough, gristly, and the fires were burned and oversalted. I couldn't eat them. Spent all that money and waited over 10 mins for a burger that tasted like the cheap frozen burgers you get at No Frills. I'd rather have McDonalds!!

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I love McDonald's as a guilty pleasure. But this is City owned property and having Hero Burgers here makes more sense.

Hero Burgers is a Toronto company and they offer burgers, fries, poutine, ice-cream, floats, hot dogs, chicken, salads, salmon, shakes, and more. There is more than enough variety, and the meat is free-range, hormone free, and without antibiotics.

No, I do not work for them, but everyone is making too big of a deal out of this. Much better than a McDonalds, it is a local company with good food.

Sounds exactly like a McDonalds to me.

If a restaurant offers nothing that a McDonalds doesn't, ie: various form of sandwiches, fries, salads and icecream (I don't care how better you say it is), I will never go.

I prefer places which don't sell Burgers and salad at all - that will be a good start and an injection of optimism. We need more interesting food, not generic American food (20 variations of hotdogs is not interesting).

Wvrst is great and you know it. (in reference to your last comment)

I'm fine with a Hero Burger, its a far cry from a Mcdonalds.

Is there anything people won't complain about on this site? Now hamburgers aren't good enough for the city...common people.

Back