News   Jul 24, 2024
 306     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 831     0 

Toronto to get new football team (LFL)

Eug

Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.thestar.com/news/article/973773--toronto-to-get-lingerie-football-team

The Lingerie Football League, where svelte female players play the American version of the game in bras and panties, has named its first international franchise.

A Toronto team will debut in the U.S. league this fall to play against teams in Cleveland, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Tampa and Orlando.

“It has been incredible journey over the first two seasons of LFL Football, our expansion into Toronto is the first step toward a more significant footprint of the LFL brand into Canada,†said Mitchell S. Mortaza, the founder and chairman of the league, in a news release.

789fcf3945b692eae0502d4513c7.jpeg

Hmmm... Well, maybe I'd go to one game just out of curiosity, but not much more than that. Nonetheless they seem to have a following, so I suspect they'll do well here in Toronto.

I'm reminded of what Jerry Seinfeld said: "Naked hairbrushing - good. Naked crouching - bad." To each their own, I guess, but watching women wearing helmets, shoulderpads and cletes running around and grunting in contorted positions is not my definition of sexy.

What about women's tennis? You know, all those Sharapova types screaming and moaning and presenting us with upskirt opportunities aplenty...

Women's tennis is much hotter. I wouldn't be surprised if this novelty team fails, in spite of those promoting it who for some reason feel that 'if it appeals to Americans, Torontonians will love it'. It'll be the talk of the town I'm sure, just like our pro football team.

Last edited:
Now it all makes sense. The Fords want a new 75,000 seat stadium, and claiming to want an NFL team is just a smokescreen to get an LFL team and have it play at Fords' Fantasy Field. It's pure genius!

Introducing the Toronto Triumph

Toronto is well on its way to putting the "umph" in triumph.

The Lingerie Football League — launching one of its expansion teams in the city this year — announced Tuesday the team will be named the Toronto Triumph and its host arena will be Ricoh Coliseum.

The team is the first LFL Canadian franchise and is set to compete in the fall 2011 U.S. eastern conference.

"As much success as the league has seen through its first two seasons in the U.S., we expect greater success in Canada due to its fanaticism around sports,” LFL founder Mitchell Mortaza said.

Lingerie Football was first played during the NFL's Super Bowl halftime show in 2004.

Billed as “true fantasy football”, Mortaza credits the sport's popularity and profitability for its growth.

And what's not to like? The players are skilled athletes with sex appeal. Uniforms include helmets, shoulder pads, and little else to cover the players' assets.

This year, the Triumph will compete against the Cleveland Crush, Baltimore Charm, Philadelphia Passion, Tampa Breeze and Orlando Fantasy.

The league plans to add five other Canadian markets 2012. In the running are Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Montreal, Hamilton and Ottawa.

The first-ever Canadian Lingerie Bowl is set to be played next year on Grey Cup weekend at Ricoh Coliseum.

Anyone looking to be a local gridiron goddess is asked to attend the Triumph's open tryout football combine this Saturday between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. at SoccerWorld at Polson Pier.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/04/26/introducing-torontos-lingerie-football-club

Back