Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Well, when I moved in I could see them moored in the Jarvis slip. Such is progress, I guess. Until the podium is at height, I'll still have that sliver between Aqualina and Aquavista (yes, I had to check the map to see which Aqua was which).

May 27, 2021

IMG_20210527_124316314_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210527_124528656_HDR.jpg

Trying to deliver an attractive building. Look at that street-level cladding. It's the cladding equivalent of showing up to work wearing a stained bathrobe and a novelty T-shirt that reads "Who cares, I give up".
Too early to conclude. They just started window installation. The ones you are seeing in Princess St. are for townhouses.

Too early to conclude. They just started window installation. The ones you are seeing in Princess St. are for townhouses.
You mean the parts that most people will see as they pass the building? This is terrible and I cringe to think how the (overbearing) towers are going to look and what other cheap materials will be used.

You mean the parts that most people will see as they pass the building? This is terrible and I cringe to think how the (overbearing) towers are going to look and what other cheap materials will be used.
What do you expect to be used here?
That is a slab-to-slab window system.

What do you expect to be used here?
That is a slab-to-slab window system.
Nobody wants back-painted spandrel window wall all over the place, it's the cheapest, most texture-less, most soulless exterior you can put up on a building. At grade there should be some attempt at creating an engaging public realm though masonry of one kind or another for opaque areas, and a colour other than drab gray would help too. Those are among the things that have got people very understandably down on this project.

Back