Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

I must say this is the smelliest excavation in recent memory. Very poor air quality in the area around the construction site.

I'm certain it's the site's toxic past they've been digging up. I've been holding my breath and speed-walking past it every morning. The construction workers aren't wearing respirators or anything!

I've noticed that the same fumes waft into the Distillery every so often - I guess whenever someone digs into the ground nearby.

Toronto's very own Kowloon Walled City. The excitement builds. (eye roll)

54d3d8a6eab8ea4a48e342ed-960-720.jpg

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/kowloon-walled-city-photos-2015-2

22561-78353.jpg

Source: http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2016/09/177-front-east-new-design-emerges-site-plan-application
That is just too funny.

Reactions: DSC
Some recent posts were moved to a new real estate thread for this project linked at the top of this page.

At the corner of Front and Lower Sherbourne there is an 'indentation of the steel piles. I looked at the plans and it only appears to be an indentation below ground. Why would they do this and not make a 'rectangular' excavation since the above ground building seems to be rectangular?
197 .jpg

anyone else concerned about the delay in construction for this project? They had approvals way before selling yet they're still way behind other projects that launched a year after (like sugar wharf)

anyone else concerned about the delay in construction for this project? They had approvals way before selling yet they're still way behind other projects that launched a year after (like sugar wharf)
They are excavating the site - which is filled with equipment - so I am not sure what you are talking about. If you think that a building suddenly 'appears' as soon as a developer starts selling Units you are living in a fantasy world!

If you buy off plans you can expect to wait up to 5 years for occupancy, also this is a huge project with a variety of heights. I think you have to wait until they actually start building, not just site prep, before the clock is ticking.

Back