Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

So the developer was telling the truth when they said that the glass on the hat would eventually be replaced. Who would have thunk it? (Certainly not a lot of people who post on UT!)

So the developer was telling the truth when they said that the glass on the hat would eventually be replaced. Who would have thunk it? (Certainly not a lot of people who post on UT!)

Maybe the negativity on UT forced the developer to change it?

My major issues with the whole project was the bands and how they look nothing like what we saw in the renderings. Not close, really.

Our constant whining can be a force for positive change, i've always thought so. Seriously, kudos to the developer for making this change.

If that's true, then everyone should be asking Brad Lamb to deliver the crown banding that was originally intended; not to mention the waterfall in the forecourt.

If that's true, then everyone should be asking Brad Lamb to deliver the crown banding that was originally intended; not to mention the waterfall in the forecourt.

I doubt the banding will be addressed. The waterfall would be an issue in the winter. I think it was a silly idea to include it in the first place.

I doubt the banding will be addressed. The waterfall would be an issue in the winter. I think it was a silly idea to include it in the first place.

I disagree. If the intention here was to truly recreate NYC's Paley Park, then you would just turn off the waterfall in the winter. That's what happens with this waterfall across the street from St. James Cathedral:

rsz_toronto_sculpture_garden_waterfall.jpg

The landscape architect apparently doing the forecourt design for Theatre Park still shows this as the rending on their website (Juhan Marten Landscape Architect):

25872-9863446-Court.jpg

Attachments

• 25872-9863446-Court.jpg
    25872-9863446-Court.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 866
  • rsz_toronto_sculpture_garden_waterfall.jpg
    rsz_toronto_sculpture_garden_waterfall.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 876
I get that it would be turned off...but why not put something there that can be utilized or at least appreciated all year instead of just a few months out of the year?

I get that it would be turned off...but why not put something there that can be utilized or at least appreciated all year instead of just a few months out of the year?

The backing of the waterfall could be designed so that when the water is shut off, it becomes a canvas of some sort.

the mech penthouse glass is likely not more involved than applying a different paint colour or, a long ways from building everything as rendered.

I prefer a fountain over something that cannot be appreciated any months of the year at all.

Back