Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Yeb, I said it before... that this is best in the condo boom so far ..... and I repeat again that,
Bisha Hotel and Residences will possibly be the best building (both office & condo) in the Boom when finished....
anyone wants to dispute?

While I like the uniquely shaped facade and sophisticated accents, I wouldn't say it's better than the L Tower, One Bloor East or even the Florian next door.
Hahahahaaa .... so you are one of those "Die Hard" Florian fans .... give it up my friend, Yorkville condo blows away the Florian in a heart beat. Apart from its good finishes and I admit the nice columns, the Florian looks just like any other appartment building found around several places in the city.

Now let me be straigth with lots of folks here, the L Tower could have been fantastic if the shelved podium with the wheel was built, other than that, it actually looks unfinished at the bottom, and the cladding is not as good when up-close.

For One Bloor East, I will allow it to be finished before any comments, but right now, I do not see anything about it to jump into conclusion. I actually prefer BSN to be the jem in that cluster right now.

Cladding is important to a building. It's why simple stone colonial buildings in Quebec City still look great today--the stone gives the buildings substance. The marble and quality curtain wall on the Florian will always make a stronger impression than window wall. Window wall is the same cladding you'll find on ordinary condos from CityPlace to Humber Bay. Yorkville Condos is an attractive and unique building, but it doesn't even have curtain wall.

Cladding is important to a building. It's why simple stone colonial buildings in Quebec City still look great today--the stone gives the buildings substance. The marble and quality curtain wall on the Florian will always make a stronger impression than window wall. Window wall is the same cladding you'll find on ordinary condos from CityPlace to Humber Bay. Yorkville Condos is an attractive and unique building, but it doesn't even have curtain wall.

Agreed. Yorkville Condos is pretty interesting, from a design perspective, but the window wall looks very cheap. With curtain wall, it would be stunning. The glass looks very dull. Imagine the gold protrusion with Royal Bank Plaza type glass. What a difference that would have made.

Agreed. Yorkville Condos is pretty interesting, from a design perspective, but the window wall looks very cheap. With curtain wall, it would be stunning. The glass looks very dull. Imagine the gold protrusion with Royal Bank Plaza type glass. What a difference that would have made.

Well, we all know that Royal Bank Plaza is NOT a residential condo and it didn't come with a residential condo budget, right? .... so let's be a bit realistic here and compare condos to condos. ... I think that would be a better discussion

I have to also add that this condo is becoming totally different from what it was presented in the renderings .... look at the entrance door to the lobby .... they are trying to save money here and this time, its not in a good way

Peeking out from Yonge and Asquith

IMG_6202.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6202.JPG
    IMG_6202.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 1,373
I am still amazed as to how some people on this forum dislike this building, which I believe is one of the best in recent years.
Amazingly, these are the same people who are die-hard fans of Ugly buildings like Casa, Aura, and other boxes around the city.

Back