Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Taking down of the crane

Managed to take some of these photos yesterday morning.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 282
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 262
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 278
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 279
Shot Jan 26
The base of this tower sucks and has never impress me from day one. The tower is so so, but better than the one next to it.
5391355141_8def81097e_b.jpg

5391956202_298ce9c64a_b.jpg

5391954186_9e724000bd_b.jpg

5391951882_fcc91be11a_b.jpg

5391295697_40ecea1a87_b.jpg

5391899314_8ee61008bd_b.jpg

The upside to Uptown is: In five years, just blink and you'll miss it, with all that is coming to that area.

I think it's the windows that I don't like....they just look so dull. Would be great if they stood out more. Maybe a different color. The podium's a complete mess. They actually pay people big bucks do design crap like this?

wow. it's been a while since this thread was updated! lol
in that 5th shot. uptown ain't look too bad. i'm sure once this tower ages/gets dirty, it'll look a bit better.

When I first saw this proposal in the Condo Guide YEARS ago (idk, maybe like 5-6 years?), I LOVED it! Today.. walking past it.. Not-So-Much :s
Thank God for 1 Bloor to steal away the attention of this and Crystal Blah!

For some reason the damn thing just doesn't look finished. Those huge expanses of untouched, uninspired precast on the top half of the building are particularly disappointing. It looks untended to - certainly not designed. Kind of like they forgot to add the finishing touches. Not that I'd hold out any hope that they would actually be able to effectively dress this thing up, considering the actual finishing touches they clumsily stuck on at the top.

I think it's the windows that I don't like....they just look so dull. Would be great if they stood out more. Maybe a different color. The podium's a complete mess. They actually pay people big bucks do design crap like this?

That's been my beef too, if the windows had have been framed with black instead of grey I think it would have been much more dramatic. The scaled down size of the roof elements really ticked me off too.
Once blinds & curtains go up as people move in perhaps that will help.

It looks as if it's made of paper mache. The entrance looks so intimidating and uninviting.

Back