Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Does anyone know if a crane has arrived for this (and Blu) yet? I haven't seen any photo updates or been anywhere near there in what seems like forever.

Uptown and Blu should have their cranes by the end of the month. The salesman said that there was no delay, it just took a long time to dig out that enormous pit. They are just finishing taking out the ramp so once the bottom is flat, they will pour the footings and we will have our aforementioned cranes!

No I don't. Some models and renderings do not accurately depict the final building, but some do (Murano, for example).

I prefer to wait and see before rushing to the easy (and popular, on this forum) conclusion that the built form will fall short.

Except that its Pemberton developing this project. Past history says it will be substandard.
I am not quite get it. Conrad. What do you mean by "Except that its Pemberton developing this project." Can you give us two example of Pemberton deliver substandard product? like which one? I am not against you, just being curious of the fact...thanks

The bad far outweigh the good but I am hopeful that Uptown and Pulse will turn out fine. If I saw the name Pemberton Group on a community report I'd be scared until I saw a render. This is an Edmonton based company that delivers cookie cutter suburban style condos.

promenade_homeimg.jpg

palais_header.jpg

papillon_header.jpg

royal_header.jpg

ashford_header.jpg

banner_past.jpg

PRINCESS-y_sm.jpg

pc_premier.jpg

peninsulaplace.jpg

I guess we all have to agree the architect did a good job for Uptown. Its design so far has been the best, from both internal suite layout and external building structure perspectives. It has outshined many of the current buildings in construction. I do not understand why other developers did not do more homework on their design. I am not even sure they really spent any money on this. A structural engineer can do a better job if the whole rendering was nothing more than stacked matchboxes.

Having said that, i am even more confused by Uptown's lagging sale performance. How come people can grab other poorly designed buildings in a matter of days or weeks, but leave Uptown hang in there for such a long time. Is that because of the reason you have raised? This market is quite irrational....don't you think?

Back