Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

One of the best shots I've seen of Uptown. I must say it does look impressive here.

5456142356_3a3cae7461_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jfitzg/5456142356/sizes/l/in/photostream/

yeah ^^^ it's golden! looks great. though i wish the stone facade could had more texture to it. it looks really plain.

btw: why is the crane taking so long to come down?

I will never understand what inspired the folks at Crystalblu to use a lighter-colour spandrel for the random fill-in spots that were created by changing floorplans for buyers (or whatever the circumstance was). It's awful.

Delightful picture though :)

One of the best shots I've seen of Uptown. I must say it does look impressive here.

If only it were real I'd agree. Everything looks yellow in that picture thanks to Photoshop. That's not the true colour of the precast.

I must say that is possibly the most dull, monochromatic, featureless facades I've ever seen. It actually looks as if it's been built out of cardboard (though even cardboard has more texture). I'm sorry, but there's no redeeming aspect here, and its prominence enhancing height makes the whole thing even more disastrous.

The really only somewhat successful part of the building is the upper half- hopefully the western side of Yonge will get developed sometime in the future.

While I agree the building isn't the most unique architecturally, I think there is something to say for simplicity and a clean look. The Casa condo is simple but elegant in its design too. It's "perfect" and "clean" aspect is sort of what makes it such a nice building. Uptown's basic concrete construction IS a bit boring, but we can't have endless glass boxes in the sky either. It's sleek, so I kind of like it.

Couldn't they use a sandblaster to blast some (any) texture into this bldg?
I'm sure at night it may look better with a creative lighting feature.. but it needs something, ANYthing, for it's day-time appearance. Perhaps a taller, nicer building to block it?

It will eventually fade to the background, especially with future developments around it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a proposal for Stollery's before 1BE tops out. Between that and the inevitable redevelopment of the Scotiabank Uptown should be completely blocked from the north, and it'll pretty much be hemmed in on the east side by 1BE

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a proposal for Stollery's before 1BE tops out. Between that and the inevitable redevelopment of the Scotiabank Uptown should be completely blocked from the north, and it'll pretty much be hemmed in on the east side by 1BE

Strolley's the suit store at the S/W corner? I really like that facade, I hope they would keep it (yet built ontop). And I love that 3-level H&M :(
All in all, great pic Condovo! Does this bldg some justice.

If only it were real I'd agree. Everything looks yellow in that picture thanks to Photoshop. That's not the true colour of the precast.

Not to argue just for the sake of it, but I think it's more likely that the yellow does come naturally, not from Photoshop. It's just early morning light... that's all!

Not to argue just for the sake of it, but I think it's more likely that the yellow does come naturally, not from Photoshop. It's just early morning light... that's all!

Agree 42.

I am puzzled by the concerns people on this forum have shown for the colour of glass and concrete building facades. The reality is that the colour temperature of light from dawn to dusk and on cloudy or sunny days can vary by between 3000K and 10000k +. Add to this the reflective qualities of any given material and buildings will always look slightly different, depending on the time and kind of day it is.

Back