Toronto The RIV | 113m | 34s | Broccolini | Arcadis

River and Fifth, on the west side of the Don near Regent Park, is Broccolini’s first development in the neighbourhood and one that has been praised by the City for its contributions to the surrounding valley. While the 37-storey condo has already started construction, what sets it apart is the on-site land that Broccolini has given to the city to create a public park and walkway linking to the Don Valley.

“We’re creating a connection down the river that just wasn’t there before,” says Phil Brennen, the vice-president of real estate development at Broccolini.

Likewise, the firm’s 34-storey LeftBank condo a few blocks away also includes a proposal for on-site parkland or a privately owned publicly accessible space, also known as POPS. While LeftBank is still under review by the city, Broccolini envisions it as a development with even greater ties to the valley.

“It’s a vital area – you can feel the energy,” Mr. Brennen says. “I think River Street itself has been ignored a little bit, so we’re looking to animate the street with new retail as part of our Left Bank development.”

Combined, these two condos will offer 965 new units, ranging from studios to three-bedroom suites.

1606350050684.png

Two new renderings from the developer: an exterior…

c6fe0091-176c-a52f-5c30-164df5047fb7.jpg

and an interior, both facing West:

61d5cd34-7816-b604-c1ae-02cb33bef122.jpg

One new rendering is updated in the database. The project information has slight changes. The total unit count remains the same at 388 units. The total story count remains the same at 34 storeys. The total height changed from 112.00m to 113.00m. Finally, the total parking spaces count remains the same at 106 parking.

The rendering is taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 18  2022-1.jpg

Forecasted construction timeline:

• Demolition: from July 2022 to September 2022
• Excavation and shoring: from September 2022 to August 2023;
• Below grade formwork: from June 2023 to March 2023;
• Above grade formwork: from March 2024 to August 2025;
• Building envelope phase: from September 2024 to July 2025; and
• Interior finishes stage: from June 2024 to January 2026.

I hate to burst their bubble but Leftbank is on the right bank of the Don.
That reminds me of an incident from way back when I worked at MapArt; one of our junior cartographers came into my office one day and blurted out "Rivers flow IN to the Great Lakes, right?" I'm glad she got the direction right (other than if the St Lawrence system figured in the question too), but I mean, wow. Her work was especially carefully proofed for accuracy.

Oh come on! They're just niggling little issues that no one will notice if they get wrong...save for the shipping, fishing and watercraft industries, to name a few, that relies on this stuff for accuracy. 😼

That reminds me of an incident from way back when I worked at MapArt; one of our junior cartographers came into my office one day and blurted out "Rivers flow IN to the Great Lakes, right?" I'm glad she got the direction right (other than if the St Lawrence system figured in the question too), but I mean, wow. Her work was especially carefully proofed for accuracy.

Perhaps it was the Stockwell Day effect.

Back