Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Most installations don't cycle through different colours,
they stick with one colour and maybe change the colour for special occasions like Christmas or Halloween.
It's nice to have the ability to change colours.

RGB lighting would look cheap AF on this building. It's not a gaming PC.
Done subtly and with a degree of class, it could look really effective...

...but I agree, it doesn't need to blink like a Christmas tree during a rave to make a point.

Part 2 of 3 taken on April 26, 2023:

Yonge and Bloor:

IMG_8329.jpeg
IMG_8330.jpeg
IMG_8331.jpeg
IMG_8332.jpeg
IMG_8333.jpeg
IMG_8334.jpeg
IMG_8335.jpeg
IMG_8336.jpeg
IMG_8337.jpeg
IMG_8338.jpeg
IMG_8339.jpeg
IMG_8340.jpeg

Can someone explain what the process is for removing the protective wrap from the cladding?

It seems like they leave it on after installation, some pieces just seem to fall off randomly then in the next photo the beautiful champagne-coloured exterior is fully revealed.

I assume it is someone’s job to remove the wrapping but do they wait for a specific milestone to be achieved? What is that milestone?

Can someone explain what the process is for removing the protective wrap from the cladding?

It seems like they leave it on after installation, some pieces just seem to fall off randomly then in the next photo the beautiful champagne-coloured exterior is fully revealed.

I assume it is someone’s job to remove the wrapping but do they wait for a specific milestone to be achieved? What is that milestone?
My assumption it's like the plastic put on car surfaces during transportation; it's left on for protection until as late as possible. There's no reason to take it off right now, when you can do a much more dramatic reveal at top off, and keep the pieces from potential scratches/damage in the meantime.

Now that we're seeing more of the finished look, it's looking very '80s - with the mirrored glass and beige (sorry, "champagne") metal cladding. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it is interesting! Like, sort of neo-Modernism heading into neo-Pomo.
I'll take this over the banal blue/green/grey glass cheap stuff that keeps getting replicated.

Now that we're seeing more of the finished look, it's looking very '80s - with the mirrored glass and beige (sorry, "champagne") metal cladding. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it is interesting! Like, sort of neo-Modernism heading into neo-Pomo.

What was old is new again. Reminds me of another Foster+Partners design at 270 Park Avenue, but The One is much more elegant IMO.

9de7086e73d6595b412de04f60e9eb9d.jpg

Source: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=e2fbb8630125c60cb55587f035c6aa6d&t=232215&page=180

I actually prefer the current lighting plan. It's more sophisticated and rich looking especially given this is a luxury tower. Will compliment the dark glass and champaign exterior. On this building specifically the Christmas tree scheme would appear a bit tacky in my opinion. I like how the subtle lights pick up the corners and architecture of the building. Should turn out really nice once completed.

Back