Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Another floor getting poured:

20230426_122315.jpg

Monday -> Wed cycle. So 7 working days to do a full floor. Some condos can do a floor every 5 days but they have simpler designs and floors can be done in sections while here all the walls (because of all the lateral connections) are done in one go and so is the floor.
They seem to be getting faster though

How many floors to go?
Here's an update to my floor counter:

March 22 - 24th floor slab poured
April 6 - 25th floor slab poured
April 17 - 26th floor slab poured
April 26th - 27th floor slab poured

So by that count, it's 58 more floors to the approved height and 67 to the proposed height.
Looking at these floor cycles it sounds like @khaldoon is right about it being about 7 working days per floor.

Strangely, the spotlights don't seem to be installed yet... I'm curious if that's something that will come later or if they've been nixed? in the UT Article this photo is from it sounded like they were a pre-fixed element.

View attachment 471416

While I do hope the up-lighting on mega-columns and hangers is still in the cards... I'm curious to know whether the programmable LEDs in the mechanical levels will happen. They were previewed at Sam's Roy Thomson Hall event in 2017 and described as "like the CN Tower" LEDs.

The mech levels could steal the show if it happens (and a light show in those levels likely won't impact residents at all). We need more light drama in the city so I say ... let's light up Yonge and Bloor.

A couple of screenshots with mix of blue, red and white from the video:
THE ONE Residences - October 16, 2017 Event:

One-red.jpg

One-blue.jpg

While I do hope the up-lighting on mega-columns and hangers is still in the cards... I'm curious to know whether the programmable LEDs in the mechanical levels will happen. They were previewed at Sam's Roy Thomson Hall event in 2017 and described as "like the CN Tower" LEDs.

View attachment 472459

Well this a debbie downer... took a closer look at 2022 docs/arch plans and they only mention up-lights. The lighting plan was prepared by Mulvey & Banani Lighting (who did the Bloor viaduct "Veil") and so I checked out their website which only shows up-lighting for mech levels, mega-columns and hangers.

LIGHTING-THE ONE.png

https://secure.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do#detail1

Theone-up-light.png

https://mblightingdesign.com/projects/the-one-toronto/

If the LED lighting was still in the plan, MBL would have definitely featured it on their own site... so bettin' colour has been nixed (again).

4ff7964c7889e48cc0ee9382b3c6a2b7.jpg

Link

Back