Toronto The Millwood | 157.6m | 45s | Times Group | Core Architects

In the meantime a parking lot takes over.

IMG_8149.JPG
IMG_8148.JPG
IMG_8147.JPG
IMG_8146.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8149.JPG
    IMG_8149.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 1,479
  • IMG_8148.JPG
    IMG_8148.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,480
  • IMG_8147.JPG
    IMG_8147.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 1,459
  • IMG_8146.JPG
    IMG_8146.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 1,442
Toronto Star article:
Worried about local water and sewer capacity, Toronto staff move to pause condo development at Yonge-Eglinton

It’s the first time staff have drawn a line in the sand over concerns that infrastructure is not keeping pace with development.

Amid concerns the Yonge-Eglinton area could be reaching water and sewer capacity, staff say a proposed two-tower condo development should be put on hold until a review is completed.

A report from staff headed to Toronto and East York community council on Wednesday comes after city planning staff identified growing concerns development in the midtown neighbourhood was outpacing the available infrastructure, like pipes, schools and parks.

But this is the first time staff have drawn a line in the sand over those concerns about basic, hard infrastructure after council gave them direction in December to put a hold on development in the area if necessary to “ensure that growth and infrastructure needs are aligned.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ause-condo-development-at-yonge-eglinton.html

I mean, I guess this can't have been too shocking.

In Ward 22? Pfft, no.

I really don't like how 'this should be paused because the infrastructure isn't in place' is being blurred with 'this should be rejected because it's too tall and dense even tough it's kitty corner from a subway station and I don't wanna look at it'. I can support the former, but not the latter.

The meeting for Monday has been moved to Thursday May 10, 2018 at Greenwood Community College (443 Mount Pleasant Rd).

The backlog will no doubt encourage some developers to continue negotiations with the City, and turn some of those lengthy hearing dates with unsure outcomes into day-long settlement ratification hearings.

Looks like we're getting closer to this project launching. Times Group have released a partial rendering.

1577891196525.png

Looks almost like a mix of Yonge & Rich meets Art Shoppe condos on the podium. I hope they're serious about the trees and greenery though.

Back