Toronto The Livmore | 138.68m | 43s | Vertica | IBI Group

They were concept designs that developed the plan for the building, but now that the zoning amendment has gone through, developers GWL Realty Advisors are bringing in other architects to create a final design. I believe it is one of the IBI Group arms that are now in charge of the design.

They were concept designs that developed the plan for the building, but now that the zoning amendment has gone through, developers GWL Realty Advisors are bringing in other architects to create a final design. I believe it is one of the IBI Group arms that are now in charge of the design.

So this design will be complete trash then. Got it.

What was on the site previously?

Well, there was this in 1928. But it has been a parking lot for at least 25 years.

gerrard-bay.jpg

Attachments

• gerrard-bay.jpg
    gerrard-bay.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 1,754
Believe it or not but Bay and Gerrard at one point was our version of Greenwich Village. Coffer shops, beatniks and all that. They later moved to Yorkville and this area became a wasteland.

From the evening of the 21st:

IMG_7085.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7085.jpg
    IMG_7085.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 1,744
One of the oldest (and most egregious) parking lots in the city. So happy to finally see it go.

There's also the lot on the north side of Edward Street on the west side of Bay St., across from the bus terminal. Seems to me that's been there forever too, I've no recollection of what used to be there.

Back