Toronto The Goode Condos | 111.4m | 33s | Graywood | a—A

IMG_2385.jpeg

@DavidCapizzano would know............

Endicott medium ironspot 46 in what looks like smooth Norman size.

Nice that it's hand laid real masonry but it's quickly becoming overused as it's the same brick on all the Maple House buildings and the Cherry House building at the corner.

Yawn!

I was in Montreal earlier this year and noticed so many buildings using a variety of brick stocks - are they just not available from our local suppliers? Is there a prejudice to different kinds of bricks among designers and developers? V strange

Endicott medium ironspot 46 in what looks like smooth Norman size.

Nice that it's hand laid real masonry but it's quickly becoming overused as it's the same brick on all the Maple House buildings and the Cherry House building at the corner.

Yawn!

I was in Montreal earlier this year and noticed so many buildings using a variety of brick stocks - are they just not available from our local suppliers? Is there a prejudice to different kinds of bricks among designers and developers? V strange

That's why I summoned UT's brick connoisseur, no sense in hearing from the riffraff when one has an expert on hand!

I can't answer the supplier question, but would be interested to know the answer, perhaps another UT'er might be able to contribute.

That's why I summoned UT's brick connoisseur, no sense in hearing from the riffraff when one has an expert on hand!

I can't answer the supplier question, but would be interested to know the answer, perhaps another UT'er might be able to contribute.

I don't know about connoisseur - certainly not a professional in any case. Just observant to trends with a healthy dose of a highly niche interests!

This building looks great so far, looks like really high quality materials.

I was in London last year and the variety of brick colours and textures they use there is absolutely amazing… bright blues, greens, a new tall building made entirely of metallic red brick. Why don’t we use colour brick in Toronto? :) @DavidCapizzano

I don't know about connoisseur

.... I do, you've been given that affectation because you've earned it. There are many people in the broader development industry (architecture, developer, planner, etc.) who have considerably less knowledge on this subject than you!

- certainly not a professional in any case. Just observant to trends with a healthy dose of a highly niche interests!

I for one appreciate your highly niche interest; I think I speak on behalf of many here in expressing such for the insights you bring anytime this subject arises.

Was trying to spot the brick today but to no avail. Is it on the north side? Looking forward to the look of the podium while the tower takes its time.

I wouldn’t be mad if they ran out of money after adding five more stories. One can dream.

IMG_7488.jpeg
IMG_7489.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7494.jpeg
    IMG_7494.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 6

Back