Toronto The Garrison at The Yards | ?m | 12s | Onni Group | Wallman Architects

Tearing down the Gardiner is a ridiculous pipe dream, and I'm glad the likelihood of it ever happening is becoming more remote with every new building being built beside it.

I used to really hate the Gardiner, but with all the development that has changed it into a grand entrance to the city my sentiment has changed. So I can agree with you on some levels. Now I just hate Lakeshore Blvd. Beautification of the underside of the Gardiner and Lakeshore Blvd is still something that would sway my vote in an election.

Crane recently dismantled.

Pic taken Sept 21, 2012

V7bME.jpg

This is a truly handsome building, in my opinion. |I am curious to see how the rebuilding of the Bathurst Street bridge will connect with the building to create the streetscape.

IMG04921-XL.jpg

IMG04941-XL.jpg

It looks like Grand Magazine Street will finally be useable all the way to Fort York Boulevard making getting around this area by car, bike and on foot a little easier.
IMG04951-XL.jpg

That's actually Ianuzzi St.; Grand Magazine has been open through to Fort York Blvd for a while now.

I'm really digging this project. I can't help but admire it when I'm on Bathurst St south turning right onto Fort York Blvd. What great north/west views over Fort York, and forever views to boot (I'm pretty sure the Fort will be standing longer than this building). The main vehicular entrance, and the building's lobby, is located almost right under the Gardiner...which I guess is a free 'roof' for cars dropping people off. When driving on the Gardiner, it's a completely different perspective of the building. Very good use of this triangle-shaped piece of land. But now with Ten York, I guess triangle-shaped development lands adjacent to the Gardiner are all the rage!

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

I have always found the railways to be interesting, too. I'm one of the few people who like the Bathurst Street bridge just the way it is, maybe a little paint haha...but a new bridge will be more practical...and it's a great walk across with some pretty cool views. Need to check out the newly opened Puente de Luz soon! It was still closed when I took these photos.

IMG_4151.jpg

Last edited:
I like this building but there is too much grey on the retail podium and the retail just isn't that nice. I know there are people who say that grey goes with everything but I don't like the red brick and grey metal. I think it's a really bad choice. This is now the second building in Fort York to do this, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is mentioned earlier in the thread, but I don't understand why the side facing the gardiner goes from white and black panels at the bottom to white and grey panels at the top. I think it would have looked better to remain consistent.

Why do all the sliding doors' glass look purple?

I had figured this was failed glass/seals but they still appear this way now.

Back