Toronto The Forest Hill 1 + 2 | ?m | 19s | Lash Group | Richmond Architects

I notice our posts are being migrated to the real estate section but since there is more traffic here for the moment...can folks as they move in provide their comments on the experience...I just found out, for example, that weekend moves are not being done because no-one is available to put the elevator on service over the weekend...so, no security guard, no concierge, no maintenance person on duty ....?

Swmr253 and all other Forest Hill owners: please use the Real Estate forum for all posts that have anything to do will units in the building. All further posts in this P&C thread will simply be deleted and not moved.

It Getting there
[video=youtube;wdy_b4rKsh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdy_b4rKsh4[/video]

IMO, the building has some of the sweetest views of the City...here's a few shots I took from the 16th floor!
IMG_0914.jpg
- City Skyline
IMG_0917.jpg
- SouthWest lake view
IMG_0909.jpg
- to the West to the West
IMG_09072.jpg
- North
IMG_0910.jpg
- South West
IMG_09131.jpg
- Vaughan and St. Clair corner
IMG_0915.jpg
- City Scape

Very nice views... however, you conveniently left out the view looking directly south to that hideous apartment tower at Bathurst/Vaughan, just south of St. Clair. I'm curious to see how much of the lake view is blocked by that thing. Not sure if this will work - Google street view link:

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=43.682627,-79.418798&amp;spn=0,359.994555&amp;t=h&amp;z=18&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=43.682067,-79.418708&amp;panoid=12PNdTzYUWaqYV651RDBjg&amp;cbp=12,29.98,,0,-46.96&amp;source=embed&amp;output=svembed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=43.682627,-79.418798&amp;spn=0,359.994555&amp;t=h&amp;z=18&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=43.682067,-79.418708&amp;panoid=12PNdTzYUWaqYV651RDBjg&amp;cbp=12,29.98,,0,-46.96&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

wasn't really conveniently, I was pretty excited with the view and didn't think to...i may have one, if i can find it i'll upload it. All the pics were taken from the West side balconies of 500. The "big brown" to the south is more or less in-between the two phases. Google maps with satellite view turned on works best...try this http://bit.ly/9tQLsM

Driving by April 12th:

Attachments

• IMG_2889.jpg
    IMG_2889.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_2886.jpg
    IMG_2886.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 328
It was a humid day...

ForestHillfromPanorama.jpg

Guess what....

530 st. clair future owners. Did your builder or sales people tell you about the Section 37 clause?
Well, in a nut shell, the developer is paying the city $350,000 to build your condo and that cost will be on your bill at the closing of your condo. So, expect another $3,000-$5,000 on closing of your unit

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-22266.pdf

Oh ....and dont believe the $0.44 per sq ft condo fees. 500 st clair is paying $0.55.

Age: every building of size that is constructed in the city is subject to Section 37. The cost is divided amongst all of the units in the building before the cost of the units is set. You have already paid for it in your purchase price.

Oh no sir. Not 500 St. Clair West where I reside. The developers had to pay the city $1,000,000 to be able to build beyond a certain height and density requirment. The funds were allocated to the Wychwood Barns redevelopment. The cost was distributed amoung the units but was not in the purchase price, it was in the closing kicker.

Has anyone ever heard of Section 37 costs being transfered to the unit purchasers upon closing? This is the first time I am aware of where someone has claimed such on the forum. It strikes me as borderline illegal... or fine print that purchaser's lawyers should have caught beforehand.

Last edited:
S. 37 money is determined at the time of approval of a zoning amendment and written in to the by-law that gets passed by Council. How much and where the money is allocated is determined by then. Also, the S. 37 money has to be paid before the issuance of a building permit, therefore they should be worked into the unit costs up front. I find it strange that it would be added to the closing cost after the purchase agreement has been made. You would know how much is due on closing when the purchase agreement is signed.

S. 37 money is determined at the time of approval of a zoning amendment and written in to the by-law that gets passed by Council. How much and where the money is allocated is determined by then. Also, the S. 37 money has to be paid before the issuance of a building permit, therefore they should be worked into the unit costs up front. I find it strange that it would be added to the closing cost after the purchase agreement has been made. You would know how much is due on closing when the purchase agreement is signed.

Not for 500 St Clair purchasers. Some of us escaped paying the exorbitant charges on this by virtue of a cap imposed by our lawyers; others were not so lucky. The Developer was less than transparent on this matter.

By the way, quality of workmanship at 500 is sloppy at best; the building interior is already starting look like it is years old. A lot of money invested by purchasers for a less than top quality product.

Back