Toronto The Forest Hill 1 + 2 | ?m | 19s | Lash Group | Richmond Architects

I don't think 530 St Clair Avenue West (phase 2) is dead ... the builder is probably just delaying the project launch until the market picks up more, which is a very reasonable approach ~

Thanks for your quick response. I hope it does indeed continue. It looks like a great development, as long as you get a west or southwest view. I wonder what they will go for in terms of price.

I noticed in one of the pics earlier in the thread of a sign on the bakery to the west of the current development. Does anyone know if this property has been bought and will also be demolished? It would be great if the development would be able to build on the full length of that block.

According to the City Planning Staff Report on the phase 2 proposal, the podium of phase 2 would connect right up phase 1 extending to the corner at Raglan Avenue, I assume the builder has bought out all properties fronting St. Clair Avenue within that block (including the bakery @ 534 St. Clair Ave W) for this to happen ~ :)

Preliminary City Planning Report on proposed phase 2 development of The Forest Hill condos

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-15716.pdf

Proposal is for a 22-storey primarily residential building with approximately 582 square metres of ground floor commercial/retail space. The total height is approximately 81.6 metres, including the mechanical penthouse. A 3-storey podium would connect to the approved phase one podium and consists of commercial uses atgrade, indoor and outdoor amenity space and residential units. Rising above the podium is a residential tower, which has 158 one- and two-bedroom units. The floor plate size of the tower is approximately 638 square metres.

The proposal consists of 119 underground parking spaces, 8 of which are proposed to be visitor/commercial parking and 2 are car sharing spaces.

Excellent. When I walked by the bakery was still operating, while the other places were boarded up, so I wasn't sure. Thanks again.

the sales office told me a few months ago that they would offer the bakery retail space in the new podium for Phase 2, but I'm assuming at a much higher rent. So it's up to the bakery whether they want to remain at that location or not. If they can afford it, I'm sure it would be a welcome addition to the area and guaranteed increased business for them!

Haven't talked to the sales office in a while, but last they told me the roof should be up sometime in September, at which point purchasers would get an updated projected closing date. Mine is currently set for Dec 2009, but they told me verbally to expect the update to be Feb-Mar 2010 (for 8th flr). Eagerly anticipating my letter.... if anyone has more updated info I'd greatly appreciate it.

23 August 2009 photo update

dsc08095q.jpg

woot woot, there's glass on my floor, thanks urbandreamer! Did you happen to get a pic showing what level they're at now?

So any news on Phase 2 of this project? I keep getting coming soon announcements from them but that is about it...haven't even got one fo those in a while.

Is phase 2 dead?

Grand opening of 530 St. Clair Ave W will be in September per ad in Condo Life.

www.530condos.com takes you to the registration page.

City Planning Final Report

This confirm that the height for Phase 1 is 23 storeys and Phase 2 will be 19s ~

For consideration by Toronto and East York Community Council on Sept 15/09:

This proposal is to demolish the existing mixed use buildings, containing 9 residential rental dwelling units and commercial uses and replace them with a 19-storey mixed use building at 524 – 534 St. Clair Avenue West with 155 residential units and commercial uses on the ground floor. The proposal includes replacement of the nine residential rental units to be demolished.

The proposed mixed-use development demonstrates quality design, which is consistent and compatible with the evolving character of the St. Clair Avenue West and Bathurst Street intersection.

This report reviews and recommends approval of the applications to amend the Zoning By-law and under Municipal Code 667 to demolish the residential rental units.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-22266.pdf

Back