Toronto The Carlaw | ?m | 12s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

I like the Grey cladding better Imo. .The curtain wall looks similar to the renderings too..maybe cheaper windows are being I stalled but overall looking ok.

I like the Grey cladding better Imo. .The curtain wall looks similar to the renderings too..maybe cheaper windows are being I stalled but overall looking ok.

I don't mind the grey brick as well, but I feel like that the carlaw/dundas intersection could have used more brick variety since Work Lofts and Flatiron Lofte to the south of the Carlaw is also clad in grey brick. I just hope that Streetcar keeps to the original vision and proposed cladding of the Taylor.

Btw, check your PM!

It was stated in almost every description about the carlaw and pointed out as one of its standouts. I don't think they'll disappoint and back away from it now.

It was stated in almost every description about the carlaw and pointed out as one of its standouts. I don't think they'll disappoint and back away from it now.

Here's an excerpt pulled from the database listing of the carlaw here on UT:

However, the most innovative element of this exterior is its curtain wall glass, a material most commonly used in higher-end luxury buildings. "Curtain wall glass represents a forward-looking aspect of the building," explains Mr. Jain, "Simply because it allows for a clean modern-looking expression."

That must be frustrating but I don't think anyone can argue this one looks really good regardless !

Curtain walls are anchored on concrete slabs with metal plates. From what I see from the pictures, its just that. Not sure what everyone else is seeing here. The curtain walls are forming as we speak.
I grey brick is welcoming as well, matches with the lamb's building across.

How can you market and sell a place with red brick, then just switch to black? How is that even acceptable? Regardless of if it looks better or not. It's maddening how that crap is allowed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.5 KB · Views: 655
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901.2 KB · Views: 629
Thanks for the photos! I am also looking forward to the east end's newest purpose built theatre.

What theatre? Is there a theatre going to open in this complex? Live theatre and how big? This area is pretty dead now but if development continues, I could see it becoming a lively hub.

Back