Toronto The Britt Condos | 142.03m | 41s | Lanterra | Arcadis

thanks! here it is for everyone's viewing pleasure;

Avn_KtOCEAI6y_S.jpg

I didn't think I could hate P+S's work any more than I did, but they have outdone themselves this time.

Meh, I rather like it. Especially if that is yellow balcony glass and not an artifact of the the poor quality of the render/photo. Likely the latter I'm sure.

I'd much rather Sutton be left as is though.

Being (relatively) new to the city, I don't have the nostalgia factor for the original structure, which (to me) is just yet another example of an ugly brutalist slab.

I think P&S have done a fantastic redesign, especially with the podium. I look forward to seeing this completed, and a little less brutalism on the skyline. Now will somebody please turn their attention to redeveloping the Sheraton Centre!

Design-wise, if they weren't hacking up Sutton Place to build this thing, I actually wouldn't mind it.

I can admit that the new podium will be an asset for the area... it seems to make use of stone (or at least something other than just glass at street level), and has a nice heft to it. Still disappointing given the history of the site, but I will give it a couple extra points for the podium.

We need more new projects in this city to incude podiums that can stand as their own midrise building envelope. Midrise podiums would do a lot more for street activation/interaction than dinky little Murano-style podiums IMO.

Last edited:
I can admit that the new podium will be an asset for the area... it seems to make use of stone (or at least something other than just glass at street level), and has a nice heft to it..

The podium of The Britt Residences will be 8 Stories tall and will be lined with sleek lines of stone and steel that make a classic statement of distinction.

Lets hope stone doesn't turn into precast.

Back