Toronto The AvenDale | ?m | 19s | Minto Group | Diamond Schmitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Okay? I don't see it. It's hardly ugly (although the 80s windows couldn't be any worse) but it's hardly anything noteworthy or would be at home beside Core's brand of postmodernism.

I hope this gets turned down but I fear for the worst. So many ugly properties and so many surface parking lots in this town but they want to tear down these two?!? What a shame.

Small update:

• OMB pre-hearing was held on July 16. Both UCC and the Forest Hill Homeowners’ Association were granted party status.
  • Dates were considered for the hearing and pre-hearing conference - but the current city strike is preventing the city from going ahead.
  • Next steps are in mid august to re-asses strike and when the city can continue the pre-hearing work and the hearing has been scheduled for November 23 and is scheduled to run for 3 weeks. (This can be rescheduled depending on the length of the strike).

the greed for profits will be the undoing of humanity... if not the planet. I see the sign for the proposal infront of that elegant old house already - does that mean its been bought up? They should be forced to carefully take it apart brick by brick and reassemble it on my property!

In a Jan 14 & 15 decision by the OMB on an appeal by Minto 201 Developments Inc., Harry Nash and Isaac & Harry Nash Limited, the board member denied a motion, put forward by the Forest Hill Homeowners’ Association requesting additional, full notice of the revised development proposal and an adjournment of the hearing set to begin next month in order to address the merits of the revised proposal. A settlement has been reached among four of the five parties, the city being the only exception. Apparently council is to consider approving the settlement sometime this week. The revised proposal now includes a 20-storey, 127-unit residential building with a mix of both condominium and rental units (previous proposal was an 18-storey, 58-unit condo tower). A three week hearing is scheduled to begin on February 8th.

A settlement had been reached by all the parties. The proposal includes the demolition of a 5s, 44-unit apartment building and two homes. Of the proposed 127 new residential units, 44 will be rentals to replace those in the building to be demolished and the remaining 83 units will be market condominiums. Donald Schmitt from Diamond + Schmitt Architects designed the building.

The building is conservative but fits in well with its neighbours. That stretch of Avenue Road has some nice consistent modern architecture.

avendale.jpg

ave2.jpg

ave3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back