Toronto The Address at High Park | ?m | 12s | Chestnut Hill | BDP Quadrangle

Concrete pad for crane base has been poured, looks like crane is to be installed soon. I believe another UT-ite took photos as I walked by this pm...

As I was passing the site on the subway Thursday, a concrete pumper was doing a pour.

I stop by the site today and took some shots. They have done a 3 section pour and hard to say if there will be a 2nd pour where the tower crane is going, but it going to be about 3 feet thick. Its about 15 feet square if not more. There is no anchors for the tower in the slab now.

The slab has the same look as Rushton and could have the same type of crane due to space limitation. It maybe an Potain Luffer MR405 crane.

Oct 09
Was not in TO last week to see if the tower crane is up, but was not up on the 19 as I went by the site.

You can see the 2 pour location with the large area for the crane.
6283374771_599b7d199e_b.jpg

6283373929_b5139c7267_b.jpg

Oct 09
Was not in TO last week to see if the tower crane is up, but was not up on the 19 as I went by the site.

You can see the 2 pour location with the large area for the crane.
6283374771_599b7d199e_b.jpg

Went by the site on the weekend (alas without camera). There are now 2 large I beams connected to these 2 pads and look to be supporting the northern wall. There were also to large wooden frames directly below those beams. The amount of pit work is curious (and frustrating to see no crane).

Bright side is that the pit is basically waiting for the crane. I'd love to see it in 2011 but my gut tells me not likely.

Curious...Look at where they poured the large pad and the layout of the building it doesn't seem to line up. If they put the crane there it would run through a bunch of units all the way to the top. Thoughts?

Attachments

• AHP layout.jpg
    AHP layout.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 235
Cranes nearly always rise up through the middle of units. Once the crane is jacked up or removed entirely, the hole that was left in the floor for it gets filled in. Cranes are not put in elevator shafts because builders want to get the elevators in sooner as opposed to later: they are handy during the construction process too. Exterior hoists get busier and busier as buildings grow taller and more trades are working inside, so the elevators are a welcome timesaver once they are working.

Ahhhhh....thank you. I had always assumed the cranes generally went up the elevator shaft. Learned something new today.

Nov 26
There is about 3 truck load of mud to be removed from the hole.

The ground is a clay mud hole.

The foundation work is different from most projects.

A Potain Luffer MR405 crane type will be usedon this project.
6413718101_496e258c6e_b.jpg

6413724475_e4cceb8b22_b.jpg

6413722211_5f63cf980f_b.jpg

I assume that's the base of the crane? You've mentioned A Potain Luffer MR405 crane twice now. Is there anything particularly special about it?

I was assuming the first time based on the size of the slab. With the anchors in place now, it will be a crane type as noted. As to what type (size), we will have to wait until it shows up.

The crane will be a boom type, not the horizontal ones. The horizontal ones needs a large swing area, where the other one does not.

Great news!!

My local contacts just informed me the crane is in the process of being installed right now.

Where is the crane, as I saw nothing there today?

Back