Toronto Ten93 Queen West | 28.35m | 9s | Pemberton | RAW Design

And the retail is... A Rexall occupying the ENTIRE BLOCK. Wasn’t able to snap a picture, but it’s pretty intense in person.

Pemberton quite clearly doesn’t give a shit about the neighbourhood:

“Veterans of the 'Queen West Scene' have dubbed it alternatively as eclectic, free-spirited, avant-garde, quirky, whimsical and many more colourful adjectives”​

Yeah, until you guys showed up, you miserly f**ks.

R.I.P. Thrush Holmes Empire.

Have you visited in the last few days? I was pretty agnostic towards this development until passing by yesterday. The building itself is fine. It’s the block-busting retail here that’s so deflating.

Basically Pemberton kicks out artists studios and galleries, at the same time as marketing how arty and boho the neighbourhood is when selling condos. Then turns around and installs a Rexall spanning the entire block. It’s literally one of the largest pharmacies I’ve seen in the inner city. How much more cynical can a developer be?

Have you visited in the last few days? I was pretty agnostic towards this development until passing by yesterday. The building itself is fine. It’s the block-busting retail here that’s so deflating.

Basically Pemberton kicks out artists studios and galleries, at the same time as marketing how arty and boho the neighbourhood is when selling condos. Then turns around and installs a Rexall spanning the entire block. It’s literally one of the largest pharmacies I’ve seen in the inner city. How much more cynical can a developer be?

Hey artists and hipsters need pharmaceutical goods too.

Seemingly a new colour added every time I go past.

2064941C-D7E4-4455-969D-6FF9FD396AF7.jpeg
ADF37AE1-388E-4871-930B-B7F29DC9F010.jpeg
F6CA8EE8-7EB6-4769-935B-6A808A6B2E5A.jpeg
98C17181-ADF2-4541-803F-97CC7ADD6BD5.jpeg
65AF7C0D-7708-4B90-A624-589B174AE4F5.jpeg

Last edited:
Omg! This is soooo disappointing! I was really counting on a Shoppers Drug Mart here. Now how am I supposed to shop local and keep earning those PCOptipoints??? Devastated.

Back