image.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 436
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 430
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 446
Not only do I love this project, I love the widened sidewalks it brings with it.

Yes, yesterday was the first time I'd walked that side of the street since the hoarding came down, and the widening is quite pronounced and noticeable.

It's a really nice addition to the area, but man, just to go a bit off topic for a moment, those pictures remind me just how shabby a lot of Toronto's public realm is - broken sidewalks and crumbling streets, dying street trees, wires strung up all over the place. Just a personal thing but I don't find it shabby chic, just dilapidated.

the public realm in this area in general is horrible. Very little greenery, streets that are more patched asphalt than the original asphalt layer, cables everywhere, crumbling sidewalks, etc. And it has actually improved significantly over the past 2 years from the even poorer shape it was in a few years ago.

Drove by the other day and saw this in person - Looks good! It should really come along over the next few months

Alright it's official, this is definitely the best executed project executed in "West Queen West" in the past 10 years (and that includes all of those developments that took shape on Sudbury Street).

Back