Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Strange that this came out today from city planning at 75s/253.4 meters, makes me think that even with the chopped off floor count, they will keep the same height.

130 HARBOUR ST
OPA / Rezoning 12 256067 STE 20 OZ Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Oct 1, 2012 --- --- --- Henstock, Sarah
416-392-7196
Rezoning application to construct a mixed use development at 120 and 130 Harbour Street and 10 York Street, with a 5 storey podium along York Street and a 6 storey podium along Harbour Street. The proposed tower is 75 storeys (253.4 metres including mechanical penthouse) with a total of 783 dwelling units and retail at grade. Floors 2 to 4 of the podium will contain above grade parking, the 5th floor will be used for mechanical and residential storage purposes and the 6th floor will contain indoor and outdoor amenity space

Really hoping this one goes through as is- a prominent view from the Gardiner, an interesting roofline, strong vertical lines, and decent proportions- it'll definitely cap off the area.

I hope the spandrel stays to a minimum, though.

makes me think that even with the chopped off floor count, they will keep the same height.

Umm that makes as much sense as this picture does;
nosense1.JPG

http://www.torontorealtyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/nosense1.JPG

Its the height that was the issue not the floor count.
Unless you think they're just trying to pull as fast one on the York Quay Neighborhood Association.

Its the height that was the issue not the floor count.
Unless you think they're just trying to pull as fast one on the York Quay Neighborhood Association.

Lol, pull a fast one, if 20 meters was the issue here then this hood association didnt accomplish much
....By the way, around the world, there are many 68s-250 meter buildings

The flare at the western point of the tower may make it very close to the original height.

Was their complaint not more about density (# of units)? If it was simply about making it shorter, I would then find their objections even more idiotic.

So it looks like this one will be around 65 storeys/224 meters

130 HARBOUR ST
416-392-7196
Official Plan Amendment to reduce the right-of-way of Lake Shore Boulevard to less than 45 metres along the frontage of the site. This application is associated with file 11-329885 STE 20 OZ which is a rezoning application to construct a mixed use development at 120 and 130 Harbour Street and 10 York Street. The application is for a residential tower with a 4 storey podium and a proposed tower of approximately 65 storeys or 224 metres including mechanical (originally 75 storeys or 253.4 metres including mechanical penthouse) with a total of 725 dwelling units (originally 783 dwelling units) and retail at grade. There is also 4 levels of below grade parking (originally above grade in Floors 2 to 4 of the podium). The podium is to contain storage, mechanical and indoor and outdoor amenity space.

So it looks like this one will be around 65 storeys/224 meters

130 HARBOUR ST
416-392-7196
Official Plan Amendment to reduce the right-of-way of Lake Shore Boulevard to less than 45 metres along the frontage of the site. This application is associated with file 11-329885 STE 20 OZ which is a rezoning application to construct a mixed use development at 120 and 130 Harbour Street and 10 York Street. The application is for a residential tower with a 4 storey podium and a proposed tower of approximately 65 storeys or 224 metres including mechanical (originally 75 storeys or 253.4 metres including mechanical penthouse) with a total of 725 dwelling units (originally 783 dwelling units) and retail at grade. There is also 4 levels of below grade parking (originally above grade in Floors 2 to 4 of the podium). The podium is to contain storage, mechanical and indoor and outdoor amenity space.

Thanks for the info. As has been said, this reduction probably has more to do with weakening market demand than NIMBY appeasement.

This building appears to be geared towards investors. With the decline in investor interest in condos and the coming Mirvish property, I would think that this project is going to be a very difficult sell.

What makes you say this? Any evidence for that?

The original design contained 10% 3-bedroom units. I doubt they could have reduced this in the redesign without getting quite a bit of push back. So I don't see how this building is geared towards investors.

Ten York Launches

Hello Urban Toronto's dear Little Monsters. It is time to give the Mirvish-Gehry thread a little bit of a rest.

Here's one of many images to come including more renderings and some photos I took of the scale model delivery on Wednesday.

URCfKR

TIz5aF

Registrants will be receiving their brochure and floorplans pickup invitations soon.

Sales Representatives for Ten York: Candyce Charles and Chilli Yung

Ten York Phone number: (416) 596-9888

Last edited:
Looks great except for all the spandrel on the east side. Then again, it just wouldn't be Tridel without a load of shitty spandrel.

Hello Urban Toronto's dear Little Monsters. It is time to give the Mirvish-Gehry thread a little bit of a rest.

This gave me a good chuckle. Glad to see someone over there has a sense of humour.

Looks great although I was hoping the tapering wouldn't be so subtle. Perhaps the slope of the roof could be more dramatic as well.
Really like how it looks at grade. Not much room to work with but wide sidewalks and trees!

Back