Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

...but it eventually DOES take you to the TTC. Inside Union you have to follow the signs that take you to the TTC.

By that logic we could put a TTC sign above most doors in the core, because eventually they lead to a TTC station

This issue is pretty common with subways and signage I think.

I ran into this issue in Paris at their metro. I'd follow a sign leading me to the subway, then I'd walk about 5 blocks in a gray tunnel until I finally got to a turnstile.

By that logic we could put a TTC sign above most doors in the core, because eventually they lead to a TTC station

Well, when it comes to the PATH system, actually, universal TTC directional signage of some sort *should* be recommended...

Why are there drains on the ground? :)

The picture of people at the back looks very dated already, but everything else looks super new and modern. I love it all but that picture makes me think 70's for some reason...maybe better in person?

The use of outdoor materials on the pillars in the lobby (first photo) is absolutely inappropriate. It looks cheap. Wood or ANYTHING else would have been better there.

The third shot with the desk looks quite nice though :).

the picture in the lobby (with people walking) is not temporary and will be here to stay ... concourse retail units will only have exposure where glass is shown (currently covered by paper)

cool lighting feature indeed though !!

Last edited:
The use of outdoor materials on the pillars in the lobby (first photo) is absolutely inappropriate. It looks cheap. Wood or ANYTHING else would have been better there.

The third shot with the desk looks quite nice though :).

I disagree on the pillars. It gives that area an almost arcade feel (arcade as in enclosed public spaces, not video game place). Given that it really is more of a walkway between York st and Union/ACC and not really part of the overall tower it provides a sense of separation between the elevator/lobby area. Anyway it looks better in person.

I do hope that the mural is only temporary as it looks tacky. I always thought that this area would connect to the new Union expansion...

Back