Kitchener TEK Tower | 144.5m | 45s | IN8 Developments | srm Architects

Are there plans to develop the parking lot/carpark in the foreground?

That parking lot is owned by Manulife, they had a proposal for two towers that got to the site plan stage but since then it's gone stagnant. If they do go forward with it again it's going to be completely redesigned since the density originally proposed is nothing compared to what the rest of Kitchener is seeing.

That parking lot is owned by Manulife, they had a proposal for two towers that got to the site plan stage but since then it's gone stagnant. If they do go forward with it again it's going to be completely redesigned since the density originally proposed is nothing compared to what the rest of Kitchener is seeing.
Thank you for your informative reply!

Well! Though activity has been awfully slow, looks like a corner was turned today as the tower proper began to be set back from the base.
Huzzah.

wee1.jpg

la Rendering:
50894-152892.jpeg

The thing, itself.
wee3.jpg

May I make a suggestion to the mods? Can you please consider making a separate Buildings section on the site dedicated solely to projects outside of Toronto? Perhaps it can be named, 'Buildings (GTA),' or something along those lines, in order to distinguish it from exclusively Toronto projects.

Despite each building project having its corresponding city labeled at the beginning of its title, I can't tell you how many times I have mistaken a project for being located in Toronto, only to realize that it is not. I think having Toronto and other various GTA projects separated into different sections on the site would make it more clear for those who want to focus their attention largely on one or the other.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, @Edward Skira!

May I make a suggestion to the mods? Can you please consider making a separate Buildings section on the site dedicated solely to projects outside of Toronto? Perhaps it can be named, 'Buildings (GTA),' or something along those lines, in order to distinguish it from exclusively Toronto projects.

Despite each building project having its corresponding city labeled at the beginning of its title, I can't tell you how many times I have mistaken a project for being located in Toronto, only to realize that it is not. I think having Toronto and other various GTA projects separated into different sections on the site would make it more clear for those who want to focus their attention largely on one or the other.

You can easily filter out the cities you don't want. See here.

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 11.05.28 AM.png

We're in the process of making some major updates to the site. They will be rolled out this year. The forum is something we are discussing. Anybody that is interested in contributing can contact me directly.

Kitchener-Waterloo will have a cool skyline in s few years‘ time! 🤩

Kitchener will definitely have a cool skyline, Waterloo definitely won't, they fight over anything taller than 25 floors, so developers only build 25 floors which makes Waterloo's skyline rather uninteresting.

Why don't folks take refused projects to the Board? I'd imagine absorption also has something to do with it, but the University probably fuels that pretty healthily, no?

Kitchener will definitely have a cool skyline, Waterloo definitely won't, they fight over anything taller than 25 floors, so developers only build 25 floors which makes Waterloo's skyline rather uninteresting.
That‘s a good point, I guess since the cities together form one city (in essence), the dip in building height will make the boundary more noticeable from a distance when you see the whole skyline.

Does the KW area have a point of higher elevation such as a hill or escapement, like Hamilton does, where one can get a good view of the skyline?

Many greetings from Germany- I hope you all get to see the eclipse today! #jealous

Back