Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

Yup, Condo George is somewhere tropical I'm sure sleeping on a giant pile of money :)

In all seriousness though, all these Yonge St area (including Church and Bay) proposals have sold incredibly well.

gYRUuCo.jpg

Finally, a tiny bit of non-glass that’s not only on the podium! Although it’s probably too good to be true; it’ll probably end up being brown glass in reality.

I am a bit worried because it doesn't look to me like there is much small scale retail fronting Yonge. I thought I remembered that being part of the plan. Am I not seeing what is actually there or was that another project?

This is the ground floor plan. 4 retail units (but I'm guessing they could be subdivided if desired) plus the actual TeaHouse and other boutique food retail at the south end.

TeaHouseGrdPln540.jpg

Attachments

• TeaHouseGrdPln540.jpg
    TeaHouseGrdPln540.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 809
Thanks for posting that diagram, 42, I see there will be retail. Now, at the risk of seeming obtuse, I will ask if the fact that the word retail is written five times a long Yonge means there will only be five units fronting it?

Thanks for clarifying all the details.

Last edited:
If that were true, they wouldn't be in business.

They may very well compromise between their initial vision and what they ultimately design, but looking at their track record there tends to be very little disparity between aA's marketing renderings and what they actually build (notable exceptions being Theatre Park's and Clear Spirit/Gooderham's crowns), so there's good reason to believe that what we see in the above renderings will be delivered.

Thanks for posting that diagram, 42, I see there will be retail. Now, at the risk of seeming obtuse, I will ask if the fact that the word retail is written five times a long Yonge means there will only be five units fronting it?

Thanks for clarifying all the details.

There are five retail units fronting directly onto Yonge if you include the tea house, but I would suspect that there's nothing stopping the long one in the middle from being broken up into at least two smaller spaces if there's a demand for it.

It's doubtful that that will happen. Lanterra is just going to want to get the space rented as quickly and to as reliable a tenant as possible. Regardless of what one thinks of the quality of the existing retail, it is distressing that they are condensing 16 units into 5.

Back