Toronto TCHC Block 32 Development | ?m | 41s | TCHC | KPMB

Stats Can normally collects this type of info during a Census, so 70% to 75% of Ontarians seems more than reasonable. I recall answering that question in 2011. It doesn't mean that people go to church regulary, however; just what they identify themselves as.

Where are you getting that statistic? I'd sure like to see the source as I don't believe it's anywhere near that high.

Can of worms...

He may very well be right. I'm too lazy to look.

Self-identification is a funny thing though. Seventy-five percent of Ontarians may be Christian, but they're "Christian" in the way that 2nd or even 1st generation Italians [or insert ethnicity] are Italian.

What percentage of those "Christians" go to church more than once a year on Christmas? Being baptized, going to church maybe once or twice a year and paying kickbacks to the pope makes you no more Christian than the fact I was born in Scotland and left when I was four makes me Scottish. Then again, maybe my mindset is too Protestant.

It's unfortunate we're still beholden to 18th century compromises in 2014 because of vocal and fervent minorities who are in no way threatened in the way that lead to the compromise.

And now back to regularly scheduled programming...

The number for ON might be in the 70s but for the 416 it's 54% and dropping (or 28% identifying as Catholic). I agree with insert - yeah we need more schools but do we need Catholic ones nearly as big a public ones?

The number for ON might be in the 70s but for the 416 it's 54% and dropping (or 28% identifying as Catholic). I agree with insert - yeah we need more schools but do we need Catholic ones nearly as big a public ones?

Clearly the need for schools and the % of public vs catholic will vary. In St Lawrence I understand that the Market Lane Public School on The Esplanade is not full (50%) while St Michael's Catholic at The Esplanade and Lower Jarvis is overcrowded. There are ongoing conversations about swapping building and, according to October minutes from St Lawrence Neighbourhood Association "the Schools have a longstanding agreement that the school with the bigger capacity will get the bigger space which is the Market Lane location.." See: http://www.slna.ca/slna-meetings.html

St Michael's Catholic at The Esplanade and Lower Jarvis

Actually its empty. Has been this year since the school moved last summer due to structural issues in the building. The kids are now at the Catholic School at Sherbourne and Wellesley I believe.

Actually its empty. Has been this year since the school moved last summer due to structural issues in the building. The kids are now at the Catholic School at Sherbourne and Wellesley I believe.
Yes, that's right but they will either be moving back when the repairs are finished or will swap schools at that time. From the SLNA meeting minutes of October: "St Michaels has relocated to Sacré Coeur for the year while the Toronto Downtown Alternative School has stayed put...for now."

Pic taken May 27, 2014

dDVbrlv.jpg

Tim Hortons seems to be in a super agressive expansion mode in the waterfront ... they've also opened a location at Yonge / Queens Quay and are building a humungous sized one at Reese / QQ as well. Now we just need proper fast food in this area ...

Tim Hortons seems to be in a super agressive expansion mode in the waterfront ... they've also opened a location at Yonge / Queens Quay and are building a humungous sized one at Reese / QQ as well. Now we just need proper fast food in this area ...

WHere's the new TH location at Y/QQ? Btw there's a Starbucks in the Star building now, they've retrofitted the outside into a decent balcony.

Back