Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

From the forecasted Refusal Report, posted back in August by AOD:

An application has been made by McCarthy Tetrault LLP for the site at the southeast
corner of Richmond and Peter Streets. The site currently contains two existing buildings:
a three storey warehouse commercial building at 117 Peter Street and a two-to-three storey
wedge-shaped commercial building at 287 Richmond St W.

This application proposes a 36-storey mixed use building containing retail and
office uses in a 4 storey podium occupying the majority of the site and 32 storey
residential tower above, with an overall height of 124 including mechanical
elements. The proposal includes approximately 446 residential units.
Parking for vehicles and bicycles is proposed to be provided in five below grade
levels.

They would surely have dropped Core by this point, indicating that the above quote refers to the building depicted in the latest round of renders.

Really nice to see the downtown core fill up with condos.

Are any commercial developers looking into building amenities to service this growing population?

Only one that comes to mind is at Queen W. and Portland.

it seems like a waste of valuable real estate. If they could make it work, it would be a nice addition to that area.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are using that space to gain more density from the city. Sure it is a waste of space for the developer, but for the general public, it will be a new 'public' space. The city probably gave them more density for that space and public art. I'd say the trade off is fair.

Ugh.. please stop killing nightclubs in the entertainment district..
We're gonna turn Toronto into a boring city.. like Buffalo

Too late.

Clubland should be interesting in the next 10 years. A bunch of condos...sprinkled with a few Tim Hortons, Star Bucks, dry cleaners, Pizza Pizza's and Subway restaurants. We'll all congregate here and complain about how lifeless this area has become.

Too late.

Clubland should be interesting in the next 10 years. A bunch of condos...sprinkled with a few Tim Hortons, Star Bucks, dry cleaners, Pizza Pizza's and Subway restaurants. We'll all congregate here and complain about how lifeless this area has become.

The clubs really only make that neighbourhood interesting from 11pm to 3am on Friday and Saturday nights. For the other 160 hours of the week, what makes the Entertainment District vibrant and interesting are the restaurants, patios, theatres and studios. Those aren't going anywhere, and in fact, we're likely to see more restaurants and boutiques moving in to service the new, generally fashionable, residents. So we won't get to have drunken guidos getting into scraps on the sidewalk... big deal.

^Exactly.

Recent major addition: TIFF.

Entertainment can also reference the large number of production houses in the neighbourhood as well.

I hope they don't kill the Entertainment District, but that's because I wish they were vomiting on Peter Street, and not in my 'hood. Keep your "vibrancy" in the ED!

This area of King Street is really destined to become a new Yorkville. It's inevitable. King West already has the Yorkville-like nightlife. The retailers simply have to wake up to the trend.

Back