Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

Feb 3rd:

IMG_4653_zps442132dc.jpg

My second favorite project of the area, after Picasso, of course :p

That is one deep elevator pit - even more impressive when seen live. Apparently due to the high speed elevators being used for Tableau.

The problem with high speed elevators is when they breakdown, it's rather expensive to fix/replace. I'll take a walkup any day where I won't be on the hook for special maintenance fees down the road.

That's a good point on maintenance and low-rise apartment and condo buildings. I'd like to see some low-rise walkups built on side streets around the city replacing non-heritage detached and semi-detached houses.

That's a good point on maintenance and low-rise apartment and condo buildings. I'd like to see some low-rise walkups built on side streets around the city replacing non-heritage detached and semi-detached houses.

Did you just say "non-heritage"? You do realize this is Toronto, right? Absolutely anything and everything built prior to X-50 (X being the current year) is considered heritage :)

You do realize this is Toronto, right? Absolutely anything and everything built prior to X-50 (X being the current year) is considered heritage

Being considered heritage in Toronto doesn't mean anything though, heritage buildings are being demolished or threatened with demolition all the time. I would have considered the building that was torn down for Tableau to be "heritage" but it was reduced to landfill rather quickly.

Back