Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

Not a good picture, but there's a big water fall coming out of one of the unit right now:
20230529_135410.jpg

Edit: looks like it just stopped. But it was a good 5+ minutes of water coming out.

Attachments

• 5D4F9C2A-2D75-4D39-9742-4BE7780A24A1.jpeg
    5D4F9C2A-2D75-4D39-9742-4BE7780A24A1.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 45
  • B6C64935-368E-48E4-BC14-191256D7C37A.jpeg
    B6C64935-368E-48E4-BC14-191256D7C37A.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 55
Kinda sucks for the occupied units below/nearby if it was a sprinkler test! There were people out in their balcony looking when it was a trickle, but once it got bigger they went back inside as it was splashing into their balconies.

Kinda sucks for the occupied units below/nearby if it was a sprinkler test! There were people out in their balcony looking when it was a trickle, but once it got bigger they went back inside as it was splashing into their balconies.
Like everyone has suspected, it was just a sprinkler pump test. An announcement was made about it in advance, but I guess maybe some of those folks didn't notice it before it started.

Last edited:
How often do they do a sprinkler test? Does the water touch anybody's unit?
Admittedly I've not lived in the building for very long, but in the two months I've been here this is the only one I can remember. I can't imagine it'll be a very frequent thing.

It shouldn't if by that you mean internally. Externally my balcony only got a bit wet and it's quite close to the level they were testing on.

Last edited:
Admittedly I've not lived in the building for very long, but in the two months I've been here this is the only one I can remember. I can't imagine it'll be a very frequent thing.

It shouldn't if by that you mean internally. Externally my balcony only got a bit wet and it's quite close to the level they were testing on.
So they are only testing the sprinkler on the balconies and not inside the units?
It's very reassuring to see sprinklered balconies in new construction, there have been way too many balcony fires in this city.

Back