Toronto Studio and Studio2 on Richmond | 131.06m | 41s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

Thanks for the update RiverCity! As someone that enjoys taking photos of construction sites, I am always happy when workers cut those camera-sized holes in the hoarding, like at Studio.

Its sad that people like you want to see our downtown core turned into a bedroom community:confused:

Yes, because having a mess of nightclubs with parking lots all over the place is just that much better :rolleyes: Anyways, I think you misunderstood the point being made (that the area is no longer overwhelmed by nightclubs, but still not devoid of them).

Its sad that people like you want to see our downtown core turned into a bedroom community:confused:

No lol, you totally didn't read what I wrote :p I'm happy that there are new residential projects here and less night clubs, but it's still the entertainment district and still feels that way...only improved ;)

sMT: Totally agree! I saw that cut-out and thought that's for people like us lol

Not quite the suburbs. Just spread out more throughout the city rather than all of them being concentrated in a 3 or 4 block radius

But didn't the city put a ban on all new nightclubs outside this area? I remember reading that you can't put a nightclub in areas like the Gay Village. I thought those restrictions still applied. Nightlife is always evolving and if new clubs can't open, that would not be good for Toronto's club scene or our reputation as a city that's not allowed to have any fun.

My former impression of 'Club Land' was that it was a place for people to come in for the night from the suburbs, party, then go home...and not a place to live and plant roots. In recent years, the decent residential projects and a general cleaning-up of the area, has indeed made it a great place to live. And I find that there is still lots of fun to be had. Sorry if I sounded negative in my comments above...I meant more residents and less clubs as a good thing. I've considered living here (although its gotten expensive lol).

A "club district" is great for tourist / out of towners but not so much for the residents ... what's so bad about a model where the clubs are more spread out in the core ???

Now replace "club district" with "Chinatown" or "little Italy" and ask yourself the same question.

Now replace "club district" with "Chinatown" or "little Italy" and ask yourself the same question.

Completely disagree ...

What the the club district, the way its designed today contribute outside the hours of 10pm-4am ? ... absolutely nothing, its desolate, and that's unfortunate as the built form is great (less the parking lots).

So maybe its not the clubs I'm against but the area in general.

Having said that, most great retail stretches in Toronto are, indeed surrounded by residential areas ! Think chinatown / kengsigton / ... so on. Maybe that does have something to do with it ?

Today:

Bye-bye sales centre

QnM2iHN.jpg

GvxphMJ.jpg

1zzfMB5.jpg

md2x4ER.jpg

6EePqMo.jpg

Great to see the area improving. I agree the above comments. I enjoy the late night scene as much as anyone, but the area felt like a run down clubbing ghetto. The district is now getting some balance, and other locations are getting the chance for more late night venues.

Back