Mississauga Stonebrook Condominiums | ?m | 18s | United Lands | Dietrich Boecker

the quality and workmanship of the first building looks really good. I looked at the prices as well before and it's really good bang for your buck since the commute will be ~18 minutes to downtown TO since your're right next to the GO.

Hi MBS-Guru,
When you looked at the prices, do you remember what the Lakeshore model (803 sq. ft) was priced at and what extras (locker, parking, floor premium) cost. I'd like to know what the price fluctuations have been like for the area, as there is little to compare at this time.

thanks,
phase2girl

i'm quite surprised witht the how well this one turned out with the nice simple clean lines.

pm`d you phas2girl so mods don`t get all upset with the real estate discussions ;-).

I was in the area today and decided to visited the sales office, since they still had large move in signs drape on the building.

Want to check to see what they still had left for someone who starting to look for a new place.

They only have large 2/3 bedrooms starting at $599,000 to $1.3 million.

$.45/sq ft for maintenance including hydro, water and other thing. A quick check /sq foot what the person is paying now for Hydro, Gas and water on top of their maintain for their condo, it was about $.30. Based on the last BOD meeting last month, they are being rip off.

Phase II is schedule to start in January 2012 with move in late 2013. Based on what I saw for Phase I, spring 2014 would be the earliest.

The smallest unit in Phase II is 803 sq ft, starting at $259,000 from ground to 18 floor. It call the Lakeshore.

The Rosehill, the largest 3 bedroom/den with 2,152 sq ft starts at $1,079,00.

Only 18 floors for Phase II, like Phase I

Was surprised at how small the smallest unit is considering what being sold these days.

Took some update photos and will post them Friday.

Another project down the road is underway finally.

June 15
5840557064_0c7cd29ec6_b.jpg

5840560620_283259b566_b.jpg

5840005115_0d1056ce0a_b.jpg

5840555570_2a58933ce8_b.jpg

5840547208_25c42b88bf_b.jpg

5840545848_0ce550bf2b_b.jpg

Do you guys think they will build another condo in the area ? South of Phase 2 ? there is going to be space left . Here i'll show you a pic . Red ciricle is the area i am thinking about. Black ciricle is the presentation centre
54dc7n.jpg

From the minutes of General Committee:

GC-001O-2012
1. That the transfer of park lands and payment of annual occupancy fees for the delay of the
dedication of the park lands required under the Parkland Dedication Agreement and the
Park Development Agreements between the City and Stonebrook Properties Inc and
Northhampton Gardens Limited both dated April 23, 2008 (the "Park Agreements") be
deferred until December 31, 2014;
General Committee - 3 - January 11,2012
2. That the Commissioner of Community Services be authorized to execute any
agreement( s) required to permit the delay of the transfer and payments, such agreements
to be in form and content satisfactory to the City Solicitor;
3. That staff be authorized to undertake a review for appropriate reuse of the building
located at 2007 Lakeshore Road West and if necessary, enter into negotiations with
Stonebrook Properties Inc. regarding the dedication of the building and the land (2007
Lakeshore Road West) and report back to Council by December, 2012.
(Ward 2)

Received my Termination of Agreement of Purchase and sale because the vendor did not meet the conditions set in the agreement . :(

I, too got my letter regarding cancellation of project. How's this possible? Every day we hear about the condo bubble but they weren't able to sell enough units. Smells fishy to me... purchased almost year and half ago when prices were good. Now equity lost. Any recourse for buyers since builder most likely will turn around later and sell these units at a higher price.

I, too got my letter regarding cancellation of project. How's this possible? Every day we hear about the condo bubble but they weren't able to sell enough units. Smells fishy to me... purchased almost year and half ago when prices were good. Now equity lost. Any recourse for buyers since builder most likely will turn around later and sell these units at a higher price.

I got my unit in March. All the lakeshore models were sold out, the other 1 bedroom units were 95% sold out. I didnt really look at the 2 bedroom units. so i dont see how they just sold 60% . seems fishy to me too

I got my unit in March. All the lakeshore models were sold out, the other 1 bedroom units were 95% sold out. I didnt really look at the 2 bedroom units. so i dont see how they just sold 60% . seems fishy to me too

i really believe they are going to turn around and re-market this at a higher price since the original prices for phase 2 was pretty aggressive. the builder sees what the market can bear now and has decided to screw the initial buyers. can anyone in this forum provide remedy or we just up shits creek?

Its not the bubble problem, its the City rezoning and changing district master plan that cause the 2nd phase to be cancel at this time.

Even the application for the Clarkson plaza has been pull caused by these changes.

The 15 storey tower is under fire again that its going back to the OMB by the city.

The City is nuts on these changes not only for Clarkson, but Port Credit.

Anyway, the high price units are not selling at this time in the first tower because of those big homes built on the south side of Lakeshore which is a mistake.

Even the City core is under fire and that is mainly to due to OMER's, who own Sq One, since they want want box stores, not true development.

City council is derailing to the point they still see low density and single homes. Tall towers are been cut in haft.

Its not the bubble problem, its the City rezoning and changing district master plan that cause the 2nd phase to be cancel at this time.

Even the application for the Clarkson plaza has been pull caused by these changes.

The 15 storey tower is under fire again that its going back to the OMB by the city.

The City is nuts on these changes not only for Clarkson, but Port Credit.

Anyway, the high price units are not selling at this time in the first tower because of those big homes built on the south side of Lakeshore which is a mistake.

Even the City core is under fire and that is mainly to due to OMER's, who own Sq One, since they want want box stores, not true development.

City council is derailing to the point they still see low density and single homes. Tall towers are been cut in haft.

How can the city decide after it appears they signed off on phase 2 that they no longer want it? City just can't arbitrarily cancel it since it's going to the OMB as you wrote. And this doesn't make sense because isn't this the area where the city wanted some intensification? Plus, I doubt the builder would have spent all their time and money marketing phase2 if the city didn't back it especially since phase1 was already built. In any case, you're saying buyers should vent their disappointment at the city and not the builder.

How can the city decide after it appears they signed off on phase 2 that they no longer want it? City just can't arbitrarily cancel it since it's going to the OMB as you wrote. And this doesn't make sense because isn't this the area where the city wanted some intensification? Plus, I doubt the builder would have spent all their time and money marketing phase2 if the city didn't back it especially since phase1 was already built. In any case, you're saying buyers should vent their disappointment at the city and not the builder.

The City doesn't always sign off on projects before builders start selling units. Concord is a perfect example. They are building Spectra without approvals from the City of Toronto. They have sold units and excavated the lot, but have not received final approval to build what they have sold. This being said, Concord is 100% certain that the project will be approved, so when they get the green light, they wouldnt have wasted any time. The builder is to blame, as they were selling units that were not yet approved by the city.

The City doesn't always sign off on projects before builders start selling units. Concord is a perfect example. They are building Spectra without approvals from the City of Toronto. They have sold units and excavated the lot, but have not received final approval to build what they have sold. This being said, Concord is 100% certain that the project will be approved, so when they get the green light, they wouldnt have wasted any time. The builder is to blame, as they were selling units that were not yet approved by the city.

thks for the reply. so, then what can buyers do? or are we SOL

Back