Hamilton Steelport | ?m | ?s | Slate | Gensler

Steelport’s community open house!

Join us for an exclusive sneak peek into proposed changes, revitalized spaces, and new community amenities

It will be held on Monday June 24, 2024 from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm

The Open House location is on 1050 Burlington St and I’m will be there

Anybody going to the event?

I really wish they'd mentioned the free tacos. I attended this, and ran into some familiar faces from my cycling circle, and some others, and saw both Cllr Hwang and Nann there. Really cool building I've never seen before, and mostly the same as what was published before but blown up into really clear rendered boards. Had people there for questions as well.

1000008048.jpg
1000008047.jpg
1000008044.jpg
1000008049.jpg

I also visited the Steelport’s Open House as well, never visit the former U.S. Steel plant before and I asked the Steelport crew a couple of questions.

• The demolition of some buildings, some are heritage preserved, and some are getting refurbished as well.
• I’m was very excited for this project and it will be a substantial.

IMG_3364.jpeg

My Video of Steelport
Steelport Open House

Uh oh!

While this isn't great news, I'd suggest it actually explains a bit about why this project exists at all. Slate's office portfolio is struggling and so them getting into the light industrial and warehouse market makes a lot of sense to me.

That being said, I don't know shit about this field whatsoever, so that's just my layperson thoughts.

And hey, the tacos were legitimately great. Nothing tastes as good as free food on a sunny day though.

Back