Toronto Station Condos on the Subway | 51.51m | 14s | Brandy Lane | CMV

For some reason I can not attach the rendering to this post. It is HERE.

2010_09_16_12_38_52_thestationprimary.jpg

Looks nice, but I'm wondering if they've ever been to this stretch of Wilson, cause the environment around the render seems a fair bit off.

Attachments

• 2010_09_16_12_38_52_thestationprimary.jpg
    2010_09_16_12_38_52_thestationprimary.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,073
Last edited:
Any word on floor plans? I know they say $189,900 for 495sq feet. That's $383/sq ft....does it include parking?

Brandy Lane Homes, who built the Loggia project on the Queensway west of Islington in Etobicoke, are now launching a similar project on Wilson Avenue. The Station Condos is a modernist, two-tower and podium project within walking distance of Wilson subway station. Designed, like Loggia, by SMV - or Stone McQuire Vogt - Architects, the towers will be 14 and 12 storeys tall, with a 6 storey podium rising between them.

StationCondosRender750.jpg

UrbanToronto is happy to see a clean-lined condominium project coming to an area of North York normally dominated by beige precast. It is good to see the creators of Loggia take its winning aesthetic to a corner of the city where the word aesthetic is not normally applied.

I wouldn't say this area is dominated by precast at all ... it's dominated by industrial space ... I think this great though - increasing density along the subway.

I wouldn't be surprised if 20-40 years from now this area starts to resemble NYCC ... or more likely is downtown Markham, just in terms of the scale of the projects.

Most of the apartment buildings in the immediate area of this are brick. Though a beige precast condo is going up next door to this right now.

I hope Section 27 benefits will go to the implosion and reconstruction of the Wilson bus terminals. :)

This is a great contribution to the area. I hope that with this and Gramacy Park across Tippett, that there will be worthwhile street retail at this location.

I should have been more specific in my precast comment. It's Sheppard, another 2 km north, where precast predominates on the condos currently being built like those by Torbel. I'm just happy to see some modernism coming to the area.

I hope that with this and Gramercy Park across Tippett, that there will be worthwhile street retail at this location.

I somehow doubt it. It will probably fill up with the usual riff raff of retail on Wilson. Cheque cashing, filipino corner stores, and dry cleaning.
The area isn't really hurting for anything either.

Re: retail along wilson

While, yes, there is more than enough retail in the area around Gramercy park and Station condos without some retail to anchor the area it runs the risk of becoming a place where people live but shop elsewhere. The vicinity of the subway gives quick access to Yorkdale and Eaton centre. A large big box centre lies to the west of the area, unfortunately the subway and Allen separate the two. If we want Wilson, and this particular piece of Wilson to become a pedestrian friendly area it is going to need some local retail.

Agreed, but I just don't see what they could put there that would drive any sort of change to the neighbourhood in terms of retail experience. Come to think of it, not sure I've seen any podium retail in the area that was particularly transforming.

There might not be a revolution in the area's retail. But if the spaces are there, there's always the possibility of change and evolution.

Also, I think Loggia on the Queensway turned out decently, but it wasn't anything spectacular. The cladding gives it a sterile industrial feel, and it has a mechanical box that's way too big for its midrise scale. It might have been a good start at this sort of midrise suburban building along an arterial, but there's plenty of room for improvement.

Wow, I had no idea about this development until today. I really like it! I live just north of here, near Dowsnview station. But the renderings look like nice, unlike the concrete Torbel slabs that keep spreading like wildfire across Sheppard Ave.

Every new condo hitting the market in the last while has launched with features that set it apart in some way from all of its competitors, and The Station Condos at the Subway is no exception. SMV Architects, known for Mountain Equipment Co-op on King West and The Village at Blue Mountain, designed The Station’s modern exterior. Upper floors are punctuated by balconies and accent panes of coloured glass, while the base of the podium features 4,000 sq. ft. of retail space. Artwork commissioned especially for this building will be installed at the entry courtyard and at the main intersection of Wilson and Tipett.

StationCondosRender750.jpg

The Station’s lobby centres on the concierge station, which rises to the ceiling. The amenities are appointed by Lukas Design Interiors. Best known for creating luxurious residences, hotels, private clubs and resort interiors, this Massachusetts-based firm is now bringing their signature style here.

StationCondosLobbyView750.jpg

The Studio Club features a few Toronto firsts, including an indoor infinity-edge oasis pool, a design typically found only in high-end hotels.

StationCondosPoolView750.jpg

Last edited:

Back