Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I don't know if those are panels or precast on the mechanical box, but I'd never noticed how rough it looked. Things don't look aligned at all, I can see in the photo where things are crooked or stepped. And if it's showing up in a picture from that distance I can only imagine what it looks like up close.

The stone panels along the alleyway south of the project are all out of alignment as well. It looks like they didn't even try to make the parts fit properly.

Disgusting. The building should never have been approved in the first place.

At this point in the game, I really rather agree with you. I am not offended as others are with the tower design or the mast which is supposed to be lighted now. I am turned off completely by the treatment at ground level. It is anti urban as anything can possibly get, and that alone should have been a red flag in the approval process.

service entrance was being repaired today...

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 591
At this point in the game, I really rather agree with you. I am not offended as others are with the tower design or the mast which is supposed to be lighted now. I am turned off completely by the treatment at ground level. It is anti urban as anything can possibly get, and that alone should have been a red flag in the approval process.
Exactly how I feel. When walking around it, you get the feeling that the tower has it's back turned to you. In no way interested in being a part of the city. How could this building have been approved? Who let it get approved? Were the issues of the public realm of the building not brought up?

Last edited:
This wouldn't even be fatal if it had hooked into the PATH, but they didn't even get that right.

Last edited by a moderator:
This wouldn't even be fatal if it had hooked into the PATH, but they didn't even get that right.
They can't have possibly risk having riff raff coming in from the underground! It would tarnish their image, and nobody would want to stay there. *eyeroll*

It's so bizzare because I recently stayed at the Trump Hotel and it truly is 5 star hotel with impeccable service.

It is like two separate worlds once you step inside.

They can't have possibly risk having riff raff coming in from the underground! It would tarnish their image, and nobody would want to stay there. *eyeroll*

Well, from what I've heard of occupancy rates, no one wants to stay there, anyway.

The only thing useful I've seen TRUM do for this particular corner of Downtown is attract the odd Ferrari.

Back