Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

View attachment 16135
Apple Maps

Jus' sayin'

to be fair, apple maps uses actual aerial photographs to generate their 3d images, so Trump, being under construction at the time, just so happened to look that way , and will do so until they re-update their photos (which may not happen for a while :( )
but ya even still, it is quite unfortunate about various details of the project being incomplete. But to your average viewer, most these details aren't as noticeable. The interiors are still practically flawless.

Construction details shmetails, I only posted that because it reveals where the P is.

it is pretty weird that it's just laying there in the dirt. can't they send someone to just kind of nail it up? maybe someone who lives on a higher floor could do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is pretty weird that it's just laying there in the dirt. can't they send someone to just kind of nail it up? maybe someone who lives on a higher floor could do it.
Yeah, I'm sure any schmoe is going to lean a stepladder against the upper wall, lift a 10' channel letter weighing more than he does, and simply "nail it up".

If they didn't blow away while up there doing the work, the P would blow off with the first strong wind.

It's going to be a PITA for whatever sign contractor does eventually go up there, though, as the lifting apparatus to make the job easier/safer is all gone. At this point, assembling a small jib or lift system on the upper roof will be needed, along with at least one guy on cables to anchor it properly to the structure. It's a 3 man job, at least - probably 4 or 5 when you factor in safety.

Yeah, I'm sure any schmoe is going to lean a stepladder against the upper wall, lift a 10' channel letter weighing more than he does, and simply "nail it up".

If they didn't blow away while up there doing the work, the P would blow off with the first strong wind.

It's going to be a PITA for whatever sign contractor does eventually go up there, though, as the lifting apparatus to make the job easier/safer is all gone. At this point, assembling a small jib or lift system on the upper roof will be needed, along with at least one guy on cables to anchor it properly to the structure. It's a 3 man job, at least - probably 4 or 5 when you factor in safety.

uh...........sarcasm? are you familiar with this word?

I toured some residential units in the building and was in awe - finishes and layouts are superb. The quality of these units definitely surpass Shangri-La.

uh...........sarcasm? are you familiar with this word?

I thought your post was hilarious and am surprised that it was taken so literally. However, the internet doesn't do sarcasm well; you pretty much have to write <sarcasm> to ensure said post doesn't get misinterpreted.

I thought your post was hilarious and am surprised that it was taken so literally. However, the internet doesn't do sarcasm well; you pretty much have to write <sarcasm> to ensure said post doesn't get misinterpreted.
I got the sarcasm, but made the pedantic response because there are people on here who would take it literally.

I have had certified engineers ask me why we had to drill holes through walls for wires to pass through for LED lighting, as if they could be powered wirelessly - so I know there are some people who would think it could be as simple as 2 guys and a stepladder.

A fried of mine owns a few paintball facilities. A recent promo used the slogan "eat, sleep, paintball" and I shit you not, someone called and asked if they had to eat and sleep there too, or could they just play paintball.

I never underestimate stupidity. Sorry, thedeepend.

Last edited:
I always chuckle when I see this thread still open and busy...it's like a metaphor for all of Toronto since the mid 90s, nothing big ever gets done. coming up on 6 years since construction started.

I updated the wikipedia page so everyone can see that the project is a lame turd and according to the spokeswoman is "not fully complete" 6 years after construction started

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_International_Hotel_and_Tower_%28Toronto%29

Last edited:
Seriously, what is going on with this building? And why does trumptoronto never answer any questions about it, but answers other questions? UrbanToronto needs to get the scoop on this!

Khristopher - I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks with my family. In all honesty, I simply haven't had the time lately to keep up with the forum board. Going back to a couple of earlier questions, the "P" is in fact up there, but has not been installed. I do not know the reason. In regards to the lightline, I do know there were some technical issues that needed to be fixed. I wish I could give you better answers, but I'm no longer there on the ground in Toronto.

Yes. There were some management changes in regards to Mr. and Mrs. Levitan leaving the project on a day-to-day basis (Mr. Levitan is still a partner), however, Mr. Shnaider (who is the majority shareholder) remains and Talon is still the owner and manager of the property.

To ignore this thread

Khristopher - I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks with my family. In all honesty, I simply haven't had the time lately to keep up with the forum board. Going back to a couple of earlier questions, the "P" is in fact up there, but has not been installed. I do not know the reason. In regards to the lightline, I do know there were some technical issues that needed to be fixed. I wish I could give you better answers, but I'm no longer there on the ground in Toronto.

Yes. There were some management changes in regards to Mr. and Mrs. Levitan leaving the project on a day-to-day basis (Mr. Levitan is still a partner), however, Mr. Shnaider (who is the majority shareholder) remains and Talon is still the owner and manager of the property.

Too bad...
How about to ignore this thread unless something substantional occures ?

I wish I knew what was meant by the line "Talon has not at this time transferred 20% of the units in the corporation” in the e-mailed statement. Does that mean there are 20% of the units yet to be transferred, or does that mean they've transferred less than 20% of the units? It's an ambiguous sentence, and the Star is using it as the basis for their byline.

Looking great from Nathan Phillips Square:

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_1824.jpg
    IMG_1824.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 391

Back