Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Ha I was going to suggest that too!

if only we could get the media to start referring to it that way.

I doubt Trump would ever stay in this building, it's still got plywood in a bunch of prominent locations. We need to pressure the city to sue over the missing light feature. there's a case there for sure.

when you consider that the developer paid many Millions to Donald Trump to put his prestigious name on the building you would think that the developer would make it a priority to get the roof-top signage complete and illuminated at night.

Well, if you're dumb enough to think the Trump brand is "prestigious" in the first place, then you deserve this whole dog's breakfast.

Oh yea...Mr Zeidler....time to retire I think.

AsSeenOnMaps.jpg

Apple Maps

Jus' sayin'

Attachments

• AsSeenOnMaps.jpg
    AsSeenOnMaps.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 821
I guarantee you that nothing is happening anymore with this project because half the contractors who worked on it are embroiled in lawsuits.

The amount of change orders, extras, and complete fuck-ups at this project were staggering. Not to mention the numerous delays due to weather. Add on top of that a crooked developer, two GCs that were completely incompetent, and you have created work for some lawyers for a decade.

Simply put, the worst managed project that I have ever had the misfortune of being a part of. Complete disaster.

Well, it certainly isn`t a secret.

I don`t know why it hasn`t been in the news. Probably the same reason why construction lawsuits don`t generally make the news (they are more common than you think) - they aren`t great news.

Last edited:
I guarantee you that nothing is happening anymore with this project because half the contractors who worked on it are embroiled in lawsuits.

The amount of change orders, extras, and complete fuck-ups at this project were staggering. Not to mention the numerous delays due to weather. Add on top of that a crooked developer, two GCs that were completely incompetent, and you have created work for some lawyers for a decade.

Simply put, the worst managed project that I have ever had the misfortune of being a part of. Complete disaster.

Now you talkin...

The only question is : " why this disater of the building has been REGISTERED ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it certainly isn`t a secret.

I don`t know why it hasn`t been in the news. Probably the same reason why construction lawsuits don`t generally make the news (they are more common than you think) - they aren`t great news.
FYI, I wasn't questioning your information. And ya, I guess you're right on the news not reporting on it. Although this building isn't just any building. It's a major building on our skyline.

Even as a long time defender of this building, I admit this has now become a total farce. I'm hoping some new blood will rescue this, but I'm expecting it will be years until we get something vaguely completed on this corner.

I've had a feeling about this project since before the hole went in the ground & they reduced the height (something about elevators someone said). I felt something was fishy and with Trump's name attached it always left me feeling even more suspicious along the way.

Conveniently enough, the tower is located on Bay Street next to the offices of the biggest law firms in the country.

Back