Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

NEW! UT debate generator. Can be applied to any thread.

Choose from the following nouns:
Spandrel / Precast / Clewes / Box / PoMo

Add the following verbs:
Love / Hate

and adjectives:
Elegant / Restrained / Faux / Contrived / Pastiche

Select wrist-stiffness:
Limp / Semi-Limp

i don't get why newbies want to get all clever with the clumsy putdowns of the discussions that happen on this forum. 190 posts in, and you're all eye-rolly and faux-cynical about how you've heard it all before? give me a break.

if you find the level of discussion here that repetitious and redundant, you should join a forum that reflects your apparent need for novelty.

and what with the gay reference?

I would've wanted that terrace to be a little wider. It's toooo narrow IMO. did they run out of space. Then gin it is a narrow building.

One of my photos from last night...

looks good.

8004944428_ab12a9c903_c.jpg

^^ Nice composition Caltrane.

i don't get why newbies want to get all clever with the clumsy putdowns of the discussions that happen on this forum. 190 posts in, and you're all eye-rolly and faux-cynical about how you've heard it all before? give me a break.

He might be a newbie to UT, but that doesn't mean he's necessarily a newbie. He might have a good 30-40 more years of urban planning/architecture under his belt than you and I for all we know. That said, much of the banter on here is no better and equally trifling.

I imagine the vast majority of UT visitors skim over most of what's written here and zero in on the stuff they came for.

Last edited:

if you find the level of discussion here that repetitious and redundant, you should join a forum that reflects your apparent need for novelty.

and what with the gay reference?

Well, I know a thing or two about novelty (and check out my wrist-flexing action). I'd say that was a pretty good piece of satire - but it left out a reference to getting huffy about the size of one's post-count.

Anyone know how they are treating the residential balcony above stock? will they be using tall glass panels again? or just leave it with a railing? (i would think the latter of the two since the glass panels at the restaurant serve a very functional purpose)

Anyway, found this vid on Youtube. Can't really tell if it's a hotel suite or a residential one, but either way.. it's BEAUTIFUL! (views, interiors, and all)

[video=youtube;7Iu2U_34qlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iu2U_34qlY[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iu2U_34qlY

Interior pics

In keeping with steveve's last post, here are some interior pics of a hotel room. These were taken back in June. Stayed on the 16th floor. Not much of a view, but the room and the service was great.

5.JPG

6.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

7.JPG

Back