Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

It would be extremely bizarre if the drawings that we were looking at for construction of the onion dome and spire had the wrong elevations or number of storeys. I'm more inclined to believe that the number on the official website is wrong, than that we are working from the wrong drawings, especially as they are going to go out for fabrication any day now.

Makes sense, clearly who ever is responsible for updating the website is in error.

sorry, it says 57 stories on the thread title page, i thought it was to be 59. did i miss something?

It is 59 floors, kinda :) But the top two floors 58 & 59 are mechanical and UT's floor counts only include occupied floors. Hence 57 floors only.

Other examples include the L tower, which is actually 62 floors tall; http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=71614389&postcount=1182 Ritz is actually 53, the 4 Season's is 55. 1 Bloor is planned to be 70 but that includes the mechanical, without which it will only be 69. A past example is Scotia Plaza, which is actually 69 floors but the topmost floor is again mechanical only.
These are all examples of buildings where the mechanical floor(s) adhere to the shape of the building and are not an additional structure, as in the simple boxes on top of FCP or X for example.

Last edited:
From Allan Gardens (Jarvis & Gerrard)

a0bc9aa7.jpg

source: me

From Parkdale (approx Queen & Dufferin)

e595514f.jpg

source: me

Makes sense, clearly who ever is responsible for updating the website is in error.

It is 59 floors, kinda :) But the top two floors 58 & 59 are mechanical and UT's floor counts only include occupied floors. Hence 57 floors only.
I should double check the architectural drawings. I have a sneaking suspicion that L58 is half-mechanical, and half penthouse. I believe that the super penthouse has an upper storey for the master bedroom at the top of the onion dome, and I know for certain that one of the top floors is split between mechanical / penthouse, but my memory is fuzzy, and I'm not sure if it's the upper floor.

Last edited:
I believe that the super penthouse has an upper storey for the master bedroom at the top of the onion dome, and I know for certain that one of the top floors is split between mechanical / penthouse, but my memory is fuzzy, and I'm not sure if it's the upper floor.

lucky bastard who gets that suite!... has anyone purchased that super- penthouse unit? and i believe the talon guy or the ivan guy (whatever his name is) has a unit here, wonder which one it is...

anyway. not sure who exactly runs the Trump facebook page(s), but Building Trump TO's facebook page made a post:

There are definitely a lot of great properties in Toronto, and Trump Towers is excited to be building in such a great city! And any view from this high above is sure to be fantastic! Trump Toronto itself is set to rise to 908-feet (276.885 meters)!

EDIT: nice angles Jasonzed!!! in that last pic/2nd last pic, you can CLEARLY SEE that Trump's core has officially passed the Bay Adelaide Centre!!!
next milestone: TD tower!!

Other examples include the L tower, which is actually 62 floors tall; http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=71614389&postcount=1182 Ritz is actually 53, the 4 Season's is 55. 1 Bloor is planned to be 70 but that includes the mechanical, without which it will only be 69. A past example is Scotia Plaza, which is actually 69 floors but the topmost floor is again mechanical only.
These are all examples of buildings where the mechanical floor(s) adhere to the shape of the building and are not an additional structure, as in the simple boxes on top of FCP or X for example.

aaaahhhh that makes sense now, i thought i had missed some height decrease :D

May 21 shots: More shots up on my site
From Dufferin St
5745332263_d0b5b1cb31_b.jpg

From John St
5745165883_c7331fc7c8_b.jpg

5745167081_018598a702_b.jpg

From Church and Richmond
5745094453_70f0928540_b.jpg

5745095753_b3f557711d_b.jpg

5745093229_cf1848020b_b.jpg

5745638416_d91761cf46_b.jpg

From Jarvis and Shutter
5745048859_cd05982108_b.jpg

5745577144_758a4c68f0_b.jpg

that east wall is turning out delicious! btw: where have all the haters gone on this thread? we haven't had any hurtful comments in a while :p

Anything south of the glazzing floors suck. I can see that for the parking floor section, but above them should have been glazzing. Maybe something in the backgound related to Scotia Plaza down the road.

Note: I didn't raise the Crystal because of my own opinion on it. I raised the Crystal because of my sense of others' opinions on it. (Which may be on "monstrous carbuncle" grounds, or on "great idea, terrible execution" grounds. Or whatever else.) And it's only by way of searching for a Pug-esque party line (which may be far from unanimous; in fact, the Crystal is one of those perfect "both best and worst list" candidates) via UT.

And whatever you, yourself think of TD Canada Trust, whether it "works for you" or not--I just don't get the sense that it's universally loathed as an ugly-blot skyline eyesore. Or if "more than a few" agree with you, "more than a few" might agree with anything.

And frankly, judging from your last series of posts in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't know what the heck "Soviet Constructivism" is. Look, you may claim to have "probably been around longer than most of you senior posters so my views are fairly refined.", but something still smells of Sunday-painter amateurism to me here...
The only smell wafting through the air here is the stench of your elitism. This fart you posted is drivel. These forums are every man's forums! And I'm very happy in my "amateurish" skin. To throw your "Soviet Constructivism" and "Pug-esque Party line" at me because I voiced my opinion about a butt ugly building by calling it butt ugly smacks of Sovietism or for that matter any other tyranny. Use a sledge hammer to kill a fly not a flyswatter.

The only smell wafting through the air here is the stench of your elitism. This fart you posted is drivel. These forums are every man's forums! And I'm very happy in my "amateurish" skin. To throw your "Soviet Constructivism" and "Pug-esque Party line" at me because I voiced my opinion about a butt ugly building by calling it butt ugly smacks of Sovietism or for that matter any other tyranny. Use a sledge hammer to kill a fly not a flyswatter.

You know, there's an inherent contradiction between your previous claim to have "probably been around longer than most of you senior posters so my views are fairly refined", and your present sticking up for "every man's forums" in the face of "elitism" and your claiming to be "very happy in [your] "amateurish" skin". Something tells me, you're squirming in an unflattering spotlight--look. even in what you believe to be "every man's forums", you can't run, you can't hide...

Back