Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Original crane installation date was May 1st. I imagine the crane will be installed soon. As you can witness on-site, the ramp is being dug out. This usually means the deepening of the site is complete.

The site is really small too. One would think this would rise quickly.

Original crane installation date was May 1st. I imagine the crane will be installed soon. As you can witness on-site, the ramp is being dug out. This usually means the deepening of the site is complete.

The site is really small too. One would think this would rise quickly.

Yep! Crane coming soon! And hold your breath... hoarding signage :)

trumptoronto: do you know anything about a skybridge coming off of Trump? I've heard from two people now that the building will have an above ground connection to either Scotia or BA

I was down at the site yesterday and they look way off being crane ready. Still a lot of earth and debris to remove. The ramp is almost gone and there are still two backhoes in the pit.

An old photo of the Woolworth site being excavated in 1947, from a book by Mike Filey.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=O_v...rhmXHIC&sig=yLytz1tsmFVp9O7DX3EoeYqvB-g&hl=en

April 29

Modern photos of the same site being excavated again. Looking northwest towards the corner of Bay and Adelaide.
2452445091_4a5fdfaf02_b.jpg

Looking west towards Bay.
2452445095_41e46f9631_b.jpg

From the corner of Bay and Adelaide looking southeast.
2452445109_589b735d16_b.jpg

Not much left of the old boiler.
2452445111_47334c26f4_b.jpg

Looking east.
2452445113_eeb68969e3_b.jpg

I'm always right. Actually I was at the site yesterday and the pit looked even more of a mess then before. One of the construction workers said they had 5 boilers to remove. They do seem to be going deeper still and have picked up the pace, though I still predict the crane won't show at least until June.

From NRU, May 9, 2008

Trump tower update
Construction is underway on Toronto’s Trump tower at the corner of Bay and Adelaide streets. Excavation and drilling is nearly complete on the $500-million project that is planned to be a 60-storey hotel and tower with 118-luxury residences and 261-hotel guest rooms and suites. Cranes will be raised on the site during the weekend of May 31 and concrete is scheduled to be poured for the footings of the building shortly thereafter. The building is slated to be complete in 2010. (See NRU Toronto edition September 21, 2007.)

Looks like Caltrane was right... it will be late May when the crane arrives. It's good to see that we have a date for that now.

Back