Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Finally! Now it feels u/c to me. No more moving things around on site, let's get this hole dug out already.

HAs anyone been able to figure out what they were doing the last few months? I was assuming they were bracing the National Club building(?), but I don't really know if that was one small part or if it was more than that.

HAs anyone been able to figure out what they were doing the last few months? I was assuming they were bracing the National Club building(?), but I don't really know if that was one small part or if it was more than that.

its called stalling. There must be something going on because no real construction has or is taking place. They threw up some hoarding, kicked at the dirt and little else. It seems like a lot of show and no go - unless they are planning to build right on grade. Are we sure the financing is real?. I cant think of any reason for such foot dragging except waiting to see if something comes through.

I remember another building downtown that started then stopped...

Its called putting in the retaining walls so they can then dig. Also not the greatest weather this winter to work on something like this. They most certainly are not stalling. Time costs money as they say.

Even after the damn thing is built and operating, there will be some members here who will continue to doubt that it will ever get built. I'm sure it must be a dreadful disappointment for them to see work being done. As ed stated, they were putting in retaining walls, just like every other construction site. You watch, they will come in quite handy the further down they excavate!

Well in all fairness, it has been a long time coming. Still, the carping is a bit tiresome, and we've certainly had enough of it for now. The project seems to actually be under way! Yay!

Someday one of those haters will walk right into a wall of the Trump Tower because they physcially could just not SEE it.

Trump-Mar1,08(7).jpg

Back