Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Is it just me or does the assembly look pretty rough? Some spot welding to bring the sections together it appears, but not much further finish. If that is it. Maybe they could complete the instal with a couple of Jersey Barriers to create the finished look we all know and love?
It is not finished yet they were spot welding it on Friday and will doubtless be back to weld on the grille and smooth-out all the welds. Patience! Time to complain when it's done and painted.

Today. Hope they paint those vents with a bright colour as per renderings. Also, the renderings seem to show the vents at corner of Front & Jarvis instead of the current location.

IMG_9662.jpeg

And there seems to be a bridge connecting the second floor to St Lawrence Hall?

IMG_9663.jpeg

Today. Hope they paint those vents with a bright colour as per renderings. Also, the renderings seem to show the vents at corner of Front & Jarvis instead of the current location.

View attachment 504650

And there seems to be a bridge connecting the second floor to St Lawrence Hall?

View attachment 504651
Yes, as noted last week. The vents (which will clearly be painted) have moved to the Market Lane Park side - frankly a far better location.

Yes, there is a bridge (as planned) but I do not think the City have yet worked out how (or if) it will be used - at the moment the Hall side is a non-public area.

Are we still on track for a fall opening? Seems like there is still a fair amount to be done.

Are we still on track for a fall opening? Seems like there is still a fair amount to be done.
They have not spoken of a fall opening for well over a year. They plan a. Spring 2024 opening. Yes, it's far too slow, at least for the Market part, but that's what is supposedly happening. I also understand that the City still has no plans for the main level on other days or the mezzanine either.

They have not spoken of a fall opening for well over a year. They plan a. Spring 2024 opening. Yes, it's far too slow, at least for the Market part, but that's what is supposedly happening. I also understand that the City still has no plans for the main level on other days or the mezzanine either.

I wish we could view the licensed trades like a stock market, understand just how much of a deficit we’re at so these delays could be explained.

So, the only programming as of now is the farmer's market on Saturdays?

Back